does the Colts' striping inconsistency bother you?

_RH_

2016_Indianapolis.png

considering helmet, shoulder, and pants:

For their home set, they've got "single blue on white" twice and "double blue on white" once.

For their road set, they've got "single blue on white" once and "double blue on white" twice.

I don't know that I would care if they went "single blue on white" twice or "double blue on white" ... but why not pick one for all locations?!

Or do you think it looks better as it is?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks bottom heavy with double stripes on the pants but a single stripe on the helmet, so I’d prefer a single stripe on the pants, but that’s the only change I’d make. The jersey and the solid blue socks are both fine. I quite like how the solid blue socks look with the road uniform, but I would also be on board with bringing back a white and a blue pair of double stripe socks to wear with the corresponding jerseys.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

4 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

It looks bottom heavy with double stripes on the pants but a single stripe on the helmet, so I’d prefer a single stripe on the pants, but that’s the only change I’d make. The jersey and the solid blue socks are both fine. I quite like how the solid blue socks look with the road uniform, but I would also be on board with bringing back a white and a blue pair of double stripe socks to wear with the corresponding jerseys.

I've always thought monochrome teams like the Colts (and Jets) benefit from striped socks.

2005-indianapolis-colts_pg_600.jpg 

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Inconsistencies like that were common back then. The Dolphins and Redskins also had different stripes on their helmet and pants (Redskins still do).

The Colts could match them or stay the same; they're still Top 5 uniforms IMO.

I remember that one season they had blue pants. It balanced out the road set a little, but a lot of people are happy that they've been gone now.

But, nah, the single stripe on the Colts helmet doesn't bother me at all. It's a timeless design.

UBwef0L.png

Each time Nike introduces some new garbage to the NFL, I just love the Colts uniforms more.  I would prefer a single stripe on the pants, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Doesn’t bother me.  If they were designing these from scratch they’d probably maintain consistency.  But as others have noted it’s been this way for so long it seems to work for most.  

UGA does the single helmet stripe and triple pant stripes (although their pants aren’t the same color so it isn’t a fair comparison)

photos.medleyphoto.8457382.jpg

in the 90s they messed around with the helmet stripe but they went back to the original design pretty fast 

sep-1998-antonio-cochran-of-the-georgia-

This is how they’ve looked for my entire existence, so I’ve never put much thought into it being another way. But now that you mention it, a single stripe on the pants or double stripe on the helmet would be preferable. There seem to be numerous inconsistencies in the NFL that have simply been accepted because it’s been that way for decades. 

nothing bothers me about the uniform, except maybe the socks. i just like striped socks better than non-striped socks, as long as they're not too large and take focus away from more important parts of the uni. i agree with Harry that the uniform is a bit bottom heavy, but i'd rather the uniform be bottom heavy than top heavy. that said, a single pants stripe would look great too. 

its a uniform that will always need to contrast with the Jets. no matter what NY does now, you never want to move the elements on the Colts uni to a point where people might say "looks like the old Jets uniform"

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

6 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Aside from the one team’s sleeve caps and number of stripes on their respective helmets, I’ve always viewed the Colts as the blue version of the Jets (and vice versa).

right, they’re similar but those differences are key. imagine watching these teams play each other on a tv in the 60s. maybe black and white? the helmet stripes and jersey stripes are the elements that differentiate those teams (and is where your focus is as a viewer) and its still good principle today to keep them different. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived