2018-19 NBA Season - New and improved!

DG_ThenNowForever

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DG_Now said:

The original one went kablooey. Kind of like Tom Thibodeau's career -- FIRED! today.

This may get interesting for one Fred Hoiberg.  He was an assistant coach for the Twolves before going to Iowa State. Before yesterday, Fred was seen as a top candidate for the UCLA job.  

26 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

This may get interesting for one Fred Hoiberg.  He was an assistant coach for the Twolves before going to Iowa State. Before yesterday, Fred was seen as a top candidate for the UCLA job.  

Of all of the failure coaches, why does Fred Hoiberg get to fail up? Did anyone like anything he did in Chicago?

The Lakers could dump Lonzo, Ingram and Kuzma for Davis at this point and I don't think anyone would care. Yes, LA has been playing without LeBron, Rondo and Kuzma, but boy are they awful. Walton might be lucky he wasn't fired after that Knicks loss.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Of all of the failure coaches, why does Fred Hoiberg get to fail up? Did anyone like anything he did in Chicago?

The Lakers could dump Lonzo, Ingram and Kuzma for Davis at this point and I don't think anyone would care. Yes, LA has been playing without LeBron, Rondo and Kuzma, but boy are they awful. Walton might be lucky he wasn't fired after that Knicks loss.

GarPax didn't supply Hoiberg with the necessary talent to play the style they hired him to play. 

He was 115-56 at Iowa State and 99-40 in his last four seasons with two Big XII conference tournament titles. 

Wait, what happened to the old thread? It just disappeared down the memory hole? Weird!

I feel like the Hoiberg thing is meant to screw with us. They can't be serious. Maybe he is a coach who could thrive in a better NBA situation. But Minnesota is not it as long as they insist on being a worse version of the Bulls.

Meanwhile: in disbelief that the Nuggets are holding on this long. Jokic for MVP. They still have whatever's left of Isaiah Thomas waiting in the wings, too. But the top-five scrap in the east will be more fun to watch down the stretch, I think.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I was wondering what happened to the old thread ... especially when I was so eager to share Thibs firing and my lamentations about the Jazz.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

MEM working on releasing Chandler Parsons, 73 games...$94M.

Do you really expect anyone to trade for him? It seems like Memphis is willing to take on longer contracts to get rid of him. Yikes.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

As a Nets fan, I'm trying to reconcile how I feel about this team basically being a .500 team, especially without the best player. I had already accepted mentally that Brooklyn would suck and was ready to get one of the top guys in the draft this year now that they finally have their own first round pick, because no matter how many good moves Sean Marks makes to negate the damage of Billy King or how well Kenny Atkinson has developed the young guys on the team, I can't actually fathom a scenario where the Nets make great use of the two max slots they have next summer.

It's been the fun Lakers tonight. Up 20 on Detroit in the 4th, Kuzma has 41 in 3 quarters, Zubac is dominant, and Lonzo making circus passes all night.

Detroit stinks, sure, but these Lakers can be super fun.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Did I see that the Thunder are going to retire Nick Collison's jersey as the first retired number in Oklahoma City?

No offense... but... why?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

2 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Did I see that the Thunder are going to retire Nick Collison's jersey as the first retired number in Oklahoma City?

Apparently, he spent his whole 14 year career in OKC. That's a very low bar for retiring a jersey number.

2 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Needed to add to the list of questionable NBA retired jerseys which includes:

Nate McMillan-Sonics

Brad Davis-Mavericks

Vinnie Johnson-Pistons

Jeff Hornacek-Jazz

Bingo Smith-Cavaliers

Half the roster of the 77 Trailblazers

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

Needed to add to the list of questionable NBA retired jerseys which includes:

Nate McMillan-Sonics

Brad Davis-Mavericks

Vinnie Johnson-Pistons

Jeff Hornacek-Jazz

Bingo Smith-Cavaliers

Half the roster of the 77 Trailblazers

Vinnie Johnson earned it by being part of the Bad Boy teams that won 2 titles. He also came up clutch during multiple playoff games. Winning a title and having some type of role in it usually earns a jersey in the rafters.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived