2018-19 NBA Season - New and improved!

DG_ThenNowForever

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to the Pelicans-Pistons game last night.  Pels lost by 4, 98-94.

Jahlil Okafor went 1-5 at the free throw line, those 4 points being the margin of victory. 

Simple freaking free throws, man. This is not rocket science.

It is what it is.

Good for Kemba. I hope D-Lo makes it as a reserve.

Sometimes the NBA's pettiness is incredible. Nice work Golden State:

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

50 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Nurkic, an expiring deal or 2, and or a pick or 2?

Him up front + Lillard and McCollum would be absolutely insane. 

You`re right though. It seems like L.A. is the destination. Several good young players and expiring deals.

It's the Trailblazers, they will always find a way to disappoint.

However, I'm not sure that Portland can really do any moves since the future is in question following the death of Paul Allen, Jody Allen was told of a "three year business plan" from Vulcan Sports CEO Chris McGowan, but is adding Davis with an extension part of such a plan?

Giannis already reached out to him about coming to Milwaukee. How awesome would that front court be? Thon Maker has said he want's out want s a more important role on another team. I don't know if NO would be that team, but at least there is a first piece to add to a trade package. 

packchampionslfroh.png

The latest today is AD will only re-sign with the Lakers if traded, Kyrie wants to play with LeBron again, and Klay is also interested in playing in LA.

If I had to put money on it, I would say none of those things happen.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, Wings said:

Did Lonzo say he wants a third team involved if he's traded because he doesn't want to go to N.O.?

He should not want to go to New Orleans.  Since drafting Davis, the Hornets/Pelicans are 240-362.  During the same time, the Bobcats/Hornets are 241-361 and that year, they drafted Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Meanwhile, the Kings have been 202-340.

The Pelicans' training staff is considered substandard too.  They just bring over staff from the Saints.  

They got somewhat better in the 2017-18 season

17 hours ago, DG_Now said:

The latest today is AD will only re-sign with the Lakers if traded, Kyrie wants to play with LeBron again, and Klay is also interested in playing in LA.

If I had to put money on it, I would say none of those things happen.

I've got a lot of doubts on Kyrie, but one of AD or Klay would not surprise me at all!

Part of the reason I think this went public is to give the Lakers leverage over the Pelicans to get something done, because it's hard to see them as putting together the best possible deal. Caveat is that I remain not very high on the young Lakers talent, so that's the lens I've got here. (Anyone seen D'Angelo Russell lately? Oh, huh.) Of course the Pelicans are also pretty inept, so who knows.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Ring-chasing cowards, all.

Anthony Davis, now Kristaps Porzingis.  It's nothing new, but it's intensely frustrating as an NBA fan with no real team loyalties.  In these instances, why even have more than 8 teams in the league?  Contract across the board and stop kidding yourselves. 

Time to truly review the rules and decide how much the talent deserves to set the conditions.  This is absurd.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived