Logo upgrades that were actually UPGRADES

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

spacer.png

to

spacer.png

While the current CBJ logo isn't fantastic, I find the original Blue Jackets logo to be absolutely hideous. The heinous neon in the stick and extremely ineloquent CB made just look so awful in my opinion. This logo is so much cleaner and actually evokes the team name (named for the soldiers) clearly. It isn't fantastic but at least it's decent.

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

The neon stick was a product of late-1990s focus groups, no doubt, as the team debuted in 2000. I actually don't mind the little touch of bright color as much as I do the sloppy attempt at an interlocking CBJ. 

The current logo I love. 

10 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Conversely:

spacer.png

to

spacer.png

to

spacer.png

was a double upgrade. Got better each time until they finally got it right. 

Gotta disagree here, never been a fan of the cartoon bird. I understand it's iconic and successful, but it's a complicated mess that looked ridiculous when it was introduced and especially ridiculous now. Now, the Robo-Bird wasn't great, but it was a step in the right direction, as sports logos get simpler and easier to view from a distance, or on a small screen in the digital age. (These complaints also apply to the Maple Leafs, but I have a much bigger problem with the stupid humanoid penguin)

the user formerly known as cdclt

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, StrongXStyle said:

I thought the upgrade was a good. The skull looks much better than the previous. 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1997 - 2013)to Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2014 - Pres)

This is one that when it was first announced I thought for sure it was an upgrade, no questions about it. Since then, more in the past couple of months really, I’ve started to grow more fond of the older logo. There’s something about the darker red and rougher edges that just seems more... pirate-y(?) to me. I could honestly live with either, though I’d have to give the edge to the previous version 

Archived