2020 Election Logos/Branding Thread

Dexter Morgan

I thought maybe they were going for an Iron Range theme, though I'm pretty sure Klobuchar herself is just from the Cities. But I like it. Feels modern but also kinda WPA-ish (though I highly doubt there will be anything WPA-ish about her platform; she's a pretty standard Democrat, though at least a likable and human one).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Do you guys think, if he decides to run, Bernie will use his 2016 logo or a new one?

2006:

November-20061.jpg

2012:

a831.jpg

2016:

bernie.jpg

2018:

a2ba.jpg

Looks like he's pretty consistent with it. It'd be an interesting change of pace for someone to run for the Democratic nomination with a solid red color scheme.

PJU85JF.png

38 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

Dw_S-s9XcAAdrsl?format=jpg&name=large

Gillibrand has jumped in the race, No real logo yet but it’s intersting to see her going with pink theme on her website. I always enjoy when campaigns switch up from the traditional red white and blue. 

This campaign brought to you by T-Mobile... 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Actually really like the idea to branch out from the blah RW&B, more candidates should do the same, but, idk probably just me, but it just kinda seems weird for her to pick pink for some reason. Being a female candidate isn't really a unique thing anymore, she doesn't have to draw attention to it by choosing the most stereotypical color for women out there. Like I doubt Cory Booker's gonna use black or brown as his color to be like "By the way, did I mention I'm black?" because it's not exceptional anymore, esp. in the diverse Democrat field, and that's a great thing. Feels kinda like a step backward, maybe?

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

FWIW, I went to Gillibrand’s website very early yesterday morning and it was that same logo in RWB. It wasn’t the same rest of the graphic, though. She might not be going full T-Mobile.

Edit: this is the page I saw, which appears to be pink now. Maybe my monitor was just too dim yesterday and I assumed it was RWB? 🤔  I went back and looked when I saw the picture on my local paper’s website had her standing behind a podium with a pink sign.

On 1/15/2019 at 4:14 PM, Dexter Morgan said:

Did anyone click the third picture? Because god DAMN there is some BrandSpeak there.

Dw-ucniWoAAQJZm.jpg

"The thawing of the cold snow" sounds vaguely Maoist.

Gillibrand has clearly positioned herself as the candidate for suburban mothers. That logo is further evidence of it. You can practically see the p***y hat ears emerging from it. I'll reserve my comments as to the effectiveness of said strategy.

Kamala Harris just announced today on GMA, and here's her logo:

Hoping to get a higher res image soon. Really like it though - it looks modern and contemporary and tough-as-nails without being a direct rip of Obama's logo (*cough*Hillary*cough*). Interesting that she's leaning into her prosecutorial experience with it. Easily the most interesting logo yet in this campaign. The contrast with Gillibrand's branding is downright stunning.

38 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

no logo yet but interesting colorful branding 

Not just colorful branding, but directly inspired by Shirley Chisholm's 1972 Presidential campaign:

Not a nod that most people will get 48 years after the fact, but a nice little historical reference nonetheless.

If you are ever in the mood to do a little research on what colors often mean or what energies they get off, it can lead to some pretty cool theories on why they were even chosen. For instance, Kamala using the color purple as a main campaign color might symbolize power and wisdom, or it might represent a true pulling away from the old red, white, and blue schemes of every other campaign to show that she is unique in her approach. The same could be said for Kirsten.

Here's a little more on Kamala's colors from BourneCreative.com's "Color Meaning Blog Series:"

Purple combines the calm stability of blue and the fierce energy of red. The color purple is often associated with royalty, nobility, luxury, power, and ambition. Purple also represents meanings of wealth, extravagance, creativity, wisdom, dignity, grandeur, devotion, peace, pride, mystery, independence, and magic.

Red, the color of blood and fire, is associated with meanings of love, passion, desire, heat, longing, lust, sexuality, sensitivity, romance, joy, strength, leadership, courage, vigor, willpower, rage, anger, danger, malice, wrath, stress, action, vibrance, radiance, and determination.

Yellow, the color of sunshine, hope, and happiness, has conflicting associations. On one hand yellow stands for freshness, happiness, positivity, clarity, energy, optimism, enlightenment, remembrance, intellect, honor, loyalty, and joy, but on the other, it represents cowardice and deceit. A dull or dingy yellow may represent caution, sickness, and jealousy.

Did my own research a few weeks ago on these colors while attending a show at the Fabulous Fox Theatre.  Here's what I found out:

Red, the blood of angry men

Black, the dark of ages passed

Red, a world about to dawn

Black, the night that ends at last

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 hours ago, 8993 said:

Here's a little more on Kamala's colors from BourneCreative.com's "Color Meaning Blog Series:"

Purple combines the calm stability of blue and the fierce energy of red.

A lot of that is wordbarf but blue as calm and stable versus red as fierce and aggressive is 50% of why our media broke with the convention across anglosphere politics and made red the color of conservatism rather than blue back in 2000 (the other 50% is tepid media-class liberals not wanting the Democrats associated with Communists).

On 1/14/2019 at 9:17 PM, alxy8s said:

Crazy that there's already so many, and none of the favorites have announced yet, save for Elizabeth Warren. And when she transitions form committee to campaign, I hope she uses something other than a retooled version of her Senate run's logo. I can't stand it when presidential candidates use their first names on branding.

It's simple, but a big improvement over the Senate campaign.

stickers_pack_345x345@2x.jpg

This trend of mixing up or shirking the traditional RWB scheme is excellent.

PJU85JF.png

Archived