XFL Revisited - Official Cities

LeeTraylor

About a year ago I posted my vision of the new XFL. Since the XFL has announced its initial eight cities, I thought I'd revisit the project and make identities for each city that we now know will house an XFL franchise. For some of the new cities I've re-used some ideas from the previous project and in others I started new. 

First up, the Washington DC Generals. 

8Wp4dYY.jpg

TN6jcLz.jpg

sPA7OJW.png

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, HRC4 said:

it's better than the first one, but is the minor "wave" in the middle intentional? It looks out of place.

The wave was intentional - the current logo is meant to look like it's made up of a ribbon or bunting. The ribbon/bunting theme inspired the identity. I'm not certain that it works, but that was the original idea.

24 minutes ago, bucknut42 said:

On the whtite uniforms, your player name on the back is also white. Blue would probably be the best there. Pretty solid start so far though!

Thanks very much - definitely overlooked that, I'll get it fixed. 

Not ignoring the needed changes to the DC Generals, but I'm going to post the next franchise before I make any more revisions. 

59 minutes ago, LeeTraylor said:

The wave was intentional - the current logo is meant to look like it's made up of a ribbon or bunting. The ribbon/bunting theme inspired the identity. I'm not certain that it works, but that was the original idea.

If you want the ribbon effect, I’d round the corners, but as it stands it’s too little like a ribbon or DC and comes off as bland as generic, looks mainly like an x to me, I’d try to start from scratch and come at it from a different angle. The uniforms aren’t bad, just a lot of stars that could probably be gotten ridden of. The white pants don’t have stars at all either. Sorry if this came off as rude. Hope this helps

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 1/16/2019 at 7:23 PM, LeeTraylor said:

Working on a few ideas for changing the logo, but for now here is attempt #2:

6ij9V4x.png

Switch the cross between the letters. Right now the way you have it cross seems to help the C be more defined than the D. Switching the cross over with help switch that. The C can stand to lose definition and still look like a C. The D can't.

In other words, overlap the top left side over the right.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I'll flip the ribbon in the DC logo, thanks for the feedback!

Up next we've got the Houston Gamblers. This isn't a full-blown modernization of the USFL franchise of the same name, but I did borrow some elements - mainly I updated the USFL Gamblers logo to use as a secondary logo. The primary logo uses the stripes and laces of a football to form an H.

uLOUFfP.png

jL9BzpQ.jpg

I7pKtdK.jpg

3 minutes ago, Section30 said:

I like the Gamblers, the colors and logos are nice. I'm not a fan of the "Gamblers" wordmark, the black boxes of varying thicknesses and spaces in between just don't work IMO.

To be honest I'm not sold on it, either. The original idea was to inject a nod to the oil industry by adding some oil streaks. 

Archived