XFL Revisited - Official Cities

LeeTraylor

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, LeeTraylor said:

To be honest I'm not sold on it, either. The original idea was to inject a nod to the oil industry by adding some oil streaks. 

I think you could make that work if the streaks were leaking down from the wordmark, not oddly located above it. Use the Edmonton Oilers logo for a reference.

Guest darkpiranha

I like the look of the Pioneers wordmark, but the P comes off as a D.  Maybe shrink the bowl of the P to where it's level with the baseline, which will extend the descender enough to where you can better tell it's supposed to be a P.

15 minutes ago, darkpiranha said:

I like the look of the Pioneers wordmark, but the P comes off as a D.  Maybe shrink the bowl of the P to where it's level with the baseline, which will extend the descender enough to where you can better tell it's supposed to be a P.

Like this?

WEpFrej.png

The Washington outline flag logo is really cool!  The rest is a bit meh. Brown and green do not go well together... i’d choose one and lose the other. Also the generic-looking pioneer logo is a bit of an afterthought. Honestly I don’t think you need it. The primary logo sells the brand here.

11 hours ago, LeeTraylor said:

The New York Knights:

V4XwulM.png

BOQtU2G.jpg

xrBFEUp.png

That logo is really good. A step above the rest of what you’ve shown tbh.

On 1/24/2019 at 3:57 PM, LeeTraylor said:

Like this?

WEpFrej.png

Fix the bottom of the n. The use of the Washington state is about as clever as I’ve ever seen! Good job.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• 2 weeks later...
Guest darkpiranha

I'm not feeling the Sharks logo yet.  I don't know what that thing is supposed to be on top.  Is that a Nike swoosh the shark is swimming through?  The shark logo itself looks okay when it's just over white, but when it has the black outline around it, it looks really flat and blobby.  The dark areas of the shark are supposed to represent shadow, but when placed next to something that is shadow-colored (black), it turns it into feeling like that's just the colors/patterns of the shark's skin, in this case, teal and white splotches.  

This is really good work, the Gamblers are a bit iffy only because the USFL already had a team with the same name. The rest: brilliant, my favorites being the Pioneers(I love copper, on the plus side: its so underused!) and the Sharks are beautiful eye candy

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

Archived