First Look: Super Bowl LIV Logo

First Look: Super Bowl LIV Logo

January 22, 2019 - 12:22 PM

The NFL will continue with the templated style look for next year’s Super Bowl LIV logo, this according to the official program of the upcoming Super Bowl LIII. Listed within a section promoting events in the 2019 NFL season, the […]

Read More...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, bartodell said:

Interesting that they have brought a new typeface into the mix...I wonder if this new typeface will be added for additional league elements?

A solid version would probably be used for league social media. I'd be interested to see what the host committee logo looks like.  

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I like the teal (glad it's not red or blue again), but other than that it's just the same old thing again. It's fine, and definitely better than the previous template design (XLV to XLIX), but I still wish that it was unique every year like it used to be.

ExJworW.png

I actually preferred the stadium versions of XLV-XLIX (rather than the jersey patches without) simply because that made them somewhat unique while still templated. When I see those, I can instantly remember who played in the game based on the stadium. You can include 50 in that, too. My only issue with XLV-XLIX was the lack of color. 

That said, I don’t feel the same way with LI-LIII. The colors are nice, but don’t remind me of the stadium or location (like the Super Bowl logos of yesteryear did). At least LIV takes a step in the right direction with what appears to be one of Miami’s colors. Should have used orange for the shading and beveling, though. 

11 hours ago, Pharos04 said:

That beveling is interesting.  At least it has a bit more flair too it than those early ones.  Be interesting to see what the local logo system (secondary one that isn't fully templated) looks like

I miss the stadiums. At least the pre Super Bowl 50 logos had something unique about them. They're all so damn cookie cutter now. 

9 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

They're slowly inching their way back into unique logos

I hope this is correct.  Hell, go the route of the Former Grey Cup system, where some design elements remain consistent but the logos had their own twist.

12 hours ago, zigbazah said:

It's like they know the standardized system is an unpopular mistake, but they don't want to fully admit it. 

I don't even mind the standardized approach but what continues to bother me with the recent Super Bowl logos is the trophy in the middle. L🏆IV is a really bad way to display LIV.

5 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

I hope this is correct.  Hell, go the route of the Former Grey Cup system, where some design elements remain consistent but the logos had their own twist.

That's exactly what they should do. Keep the "Super Bowl" and roman numerals the same font every season but design around it. It's possible to have a standardized logo and still be unique at the same time.

phx-final-four-logo.jpg

Archived