First Look: Super Bowl LIV Logo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, it’s easier to be creative when a host city is announced years in advance rather than dependent on a seven-game series one week prior. And given the creative precedence that was set in football compared to basketball and hockey, I understand the uproar. It’s worth noting I’m a fan of the standardized look, though

On 1/22/2019 at 2:37 PM, 63Bulldogs63 said:

And then we can get her dad for the halftime show, seeing as they're retiring ar and under same time anyway.

I can easily see this happening, heck even bringing back the Rolling Stones. Or I can even see targeting the younger crowd and maybe Rhianna. Who knows.
But God help us...whoever it is, they will find a way to bring Miami based Pitbull into the show, MAYBE Estefan/Miami Sound Machine fora brief appearance??

---

It was mentioned about, "this is why I stopped collecting SB Merch, logos" Yeah, same here. There used to be a store in Philly that had SB logo hats months before the game-I'd pick one up. I still have some old ancient hats of XXVII at the Rose Bowl. XXVIII at the now leveled Georgia Dome, and XXX (Ugh, all of those won by MY personal least favorite team, Cowboys..lol) XXXIX, and of course LII because The Eagles :) 

To me, the teal/blue XLIII  and especially the odd 3D orange, dark blue XLIV..thats when the designs started going downhill...more like falling off a cliff. - The following year XLV was a nice change at the time (the silver gradient type, trophy, stadium in the back...I just did realize that logo would be pretty much recycled for the next few years.

--

One last thing, The NBA Finals, NHL Finals logos..yeah a new design is needed I think. (I personally do like the current NBA Finals logo, it's the small thing like the massive fancy "F" in the word "Finals" I like) But yeah...same logo every year.

BUT as for the ALL Star Game logos of that league, some still look good, some eh... The recent San Jose - NHL All Star Game did nothing for me. Reminded me of an app icon for my phone. Of course it now has to have a darn sponsor logo on them ("Honda") in that case. Incorporating sponsors in these logos now make me mental!

º º º º

gYFfCIp.pngPtJSay1.png

On 2/6/2019 at 7:06 PM, AndrewMLind said:

It’s worth noting I’m a fan of the standardized look, though

I, too, am a fan of the concept of a standardised look for the Super Bowl.  But the particular look that they've settled on is very uninspired.

The World Series had a great look for several years running with this style of logo:

Image result for 1991 world series logo

And the NBA Finals brought back its iconic script for a while recently before unwisely ditching it a second time for something very non-memorable.

Image result for 2004 nba finals logo

The Super Bowl should have a regular identifiable logo; but that logo should be much better than the one that it currently uses.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Just now, Pizzaman7294 said:

They didnt reach out to you?? 

no, these identities are done by the NFL Creative team in LA. or maybe back and forth between them and the NYC team, but some time ago we were talking to some of those LA designers working on Super Bowl LIV and recommended an approach inspired by the Wynwood neighborhood in Miami (street art), but not seeing any of that influence in these initial graphics.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived