Twins' new alternate uniform

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

The Minnesota Twins unveiled a new uniform to replace the creams and no one likes it. :censored: gold

Wrong forum?

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Why the Twins feel the need to force gold into their identity I have no clue. Looking at fans responses on twitter it looks like I'm not alone in wanting to ditch the gold while bringing back the powder blue.

I think the worst part of this new jersey is that it is replacing the cream throwbacks which was by far the best jersey we had in the rotation IMO.

Minnesota Twins Add New Navy Blue and Gold Uniform

January 23, 2019 - 19:16 PM

Today the Minnesota Twins unveiled one new uniform and eliminated another. Navy blue with red and “Kasota gold” trim, the new uniform, which is officially designated as a home alternate, incorporates the Twins retro jersey wordmark across the chest, piping […]

Read More...

I'll miss the cream throwbacks, as they were some of the best uniforms in the game, but I'm also not going to lie and say that I hate these. That kind of spicy mustard gold looks quite good with those shades of red and blue I think. 

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

So people ACTUALLY like that mustardy gold color? Are they trying not to be just another RWB team? It just darkens their look so much.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

This feels like something you do after you win a championship or something, not for the sake of "lolwhynotsomegold"

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Just now, Mockba said:

That script remains heinous.

It’s an exercise in how not to design a script.

I don’t get why it had to look like such disjointed garbage. The preceding Senators script was fine:

1948_washington_senators-jersey-1959.png

That “Minnesota” script offers the perfect letter set to update that garbage script.  Shameless self-plug:

d9X9ije.jpg

It’s not to everybody’s taste, but it’s less of a painfully awkward mess than the “classic” version. 

Modernizing the 1960s uniforms should have been the Target Field look, not an indecisive mess stuck between the Metropolitan Stadium and Metrodome looks.

^ Much better, @SFGiants58.

I was just thinking about how, while I have some execution quips, I don't mind them using gold at all -- my biggest complaint with the Twins is the scripts. They have two "Twins" scripts and a "Minnesota" script and none of them fit together in the same design system, to my eye. 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived