infrared41's Numerical Super Bowl Trivia

infrared41

Instead doing the usual "Who Am I" bit, I'd like to try something new this season. Numerical Super Bowl trivia. Here's how it works. Each question is a set of numbers. The numbers can represent the following - the Super Bowl game in question, the uniform number of the player or players involved in the question, the score of the game, terminology, and occasionally, time on the clock.

The questions will cover famous Super Bowl plays, Super Bowl firsts, Super Bowl MVPs, Super Bowl records and Super Bowl record setting plays. The number of the Super Bowl game in question will always be listed first. 

Let's get started with what I think should be a pretty easy one and see if this is going to work. 

Round I. XXXVI-XVII-XVII-VII-IV

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool concept.  Definitely out of my wheelhouse, but I'll be following.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 1/26/2019 at 11:06 PM, Pharos04 said:

Super Bowl IV, 65 Toss Power Trap, Lew Dawson (#16) handed off to Mike Garrett (#21) for a touchdown with extra point (7)

Yup. It was also the first score of the game. Put Pharos04 on the board. Also, it’s Len Dawson, not Lew. B)

BB52Big.jpg

On 1/27/2019 at 12:37 AM, Walter Sobchak said:

Super Bowl V, Johnny Unitas (19) throws to Eddie Hinton (33) and is tipped by Mel Renfro (20) and caught by John Mackey (88) for a touchdown (6) with the PAT blocked.

That is exactly right. Good call. Walter Sobchak is on the board. 

BB52Big.jpg

29 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

One more tonight and then we’ll kick it up a notch tomorrow. 

Round IV. XII-XII-XLIV-LXXXIII-VII-XXVII-X. 

Bonus: This set of numbers includes a Super Bowl first. 

Super Bowl XII, #12 Roger Staubach pitches to #44 Robert Newhouse, who throws a pass to #83 Golden Richards for a touchdown (7 points after XP), making the score 27-10.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

44 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

First TD of the game. KC was leading 9-0 when he scored.

Oops. I was watching the NFL Films Super Bowl highlights marathon on NFL Network when I did that one. I thought I heard Facenda say it was the first score of the game. 

BB52Big.jpg

On 1/27/2019 at 1:52 AM, Lafarge said:

Super Bowl XII, #12 Roger Staubach pitches to #44 Robert Newhouse, who throws a pass to #83 Golden Richards for a touchdown (7 points after XP), making the score 27-10.

Right on the money. Lafarge gets in the game. It was also the first time a RB threw for a TD pass in the Super Bowl. 

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

Oops. I was watching the NFL Films Super Bowl highlights marathon on NFL Network when I did that one. I thought I heard Facenda say it was the first score of the game. 

I think he did too, if I hadn't just watched the show last night I would've looked past it too. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Ok, I think including the Super Bowl in the question might be making things a little too easy. I'm going to try one without stating which game it took place in. 

Round V. XXII-XLIX-LXXVI-XCVII-LXXIV-LXXIV-XXI-XXXVI. 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived