infrared41's Numerical Super Bowl Trivia

infrared41

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super Bowl 23.  Score is 16-13 Bengals.  190 seconds (3:10) left on the clock.  Joe Montana leads an 11-play, 92 yard drive.  Montana (16) throws the winning touchdown to John Taylor (82).  The GW TD pass was 10 yards and the ensuing PAT meant it was worth 7 points, and it was the 49ers' 3rd Super Bowl victory.

spacer.png

On 1/29/2019 at 9:11 PM, Crabcake47 said:

Super Bowl 23.  Score is 16-13 Bengals.  190 seconds (3:10) left on the clock.  Joe Montana leads an 11-play, 92 yard drive.  Montana (16) throws the winning touchdown to John Taylor (82).  The GW TD pass was 10 yards and the ensuing PAT meant it was worth 7 points, and it was the 49ers' 3rd Super Bowl victory.

Exactly. Crabcake47 is on the board for the second time and tied for the lead...I think. B)

BB52Big.jpg

21 hours ago, ninersdd said:

Big Ben(7) and Willie Parker(39) TDs, Antwan Randel El 43 yard TD throw to Hines Ward for 7 points for the Steelers 5th Super Bowl

That's it. Put another score on the board for ninersdd. 

BB52Big.jpg

35 minutes ago, willmorris said:

Fran Tarkenton (10)'s pass intercepted by Oakland's Willie Brown (24) and returned 75 yards for a touchdown (6, PAT no good), for the Raiders' 1st Super Bowl win.

willmorris gets in the game. 

BB52Big.jpg

37 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Joe Theismann's (7) pass is intercepted by Jack Squirek (58) and returned for a touchdown. The line of scrimmage was the 12. Oakland 21, Washington 3. (Super Bowl XVIII)

sc49erfan15 gets in the game with "Rocket Screen."

BB52Big.jpg

2 hours ago, infrared41 said:

sc49erfan15 gets in the game with "Rocket Screen."

You had me for a while with that one.

I kept hunting for famous Super Bowl field goals, and thought the "7, 58, 12" were the jersey numbers of the kicker/holder and yardage of the field goal. Then I saw that the longest Super Bowl field goal was 54 yards... so I thought maybe "7, 58, 12" were the jersey numbers of the kicker/holder and long snapper. Eventually I got out of that line of thinking and found it.

Glad to be on the board!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived