infrared41

infrared41's Numerical Super Bowl Trivia

Recommended Posts

Instead doing the usual "Who Am I" bit, I'd like to try something new this season. Numerical Super Bowl trivia. Here's how it works. Each question is a set of numbers. The numbers can represent the following - the Super Bowl game in question, the uniform number of the player or players involved in the question, the score of the game, terminology, and occasionally, time on the clock.

 

The questions will cover famous Super Bowl plays, Super Bowl firsts, Super Bowl MVPs, Super Bowl records and Super Bowl record setting plays. The number of the Super Bowl game in question will always be listed first. 

 

Let's get started with what I think should be a pretty easy one and see if this is going to work. 

 

Round I. XXXVI-XVII-XVII-VII-IV

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2019 at 1:11 AM, Kramerica Industries said:

Super Bowl 36, 17-17, seven seconds left, #4 Vinateri's game winning kick.

 

Exactly. Kramerica gets on the board first. More numbers tomorrow. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed. I’ll give it a shot, although I’ll usually put my cup of coffee on the scoreboard and do nothing else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ROUND II. IV-LXV-XVI-XXI-VII. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clue for round II - one of the numbers refers to terminology. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super Bowl IV, 65 Toss Power Trap, Len Dawson (#16) handed off to Mike Garrett (#21) for a touchdown with extra point (7)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2019 at 11:06 PM, Pharos04 said:

Super Bowl IV, 65 Toss Power Trap, Lew Dawson (#16) handed off to Mike Garrett (#21) for a touchdown with extra point (7)

 

Yup. It was also the first score of the game. Put Pharos04 on the board. Also, it’s Len Dawson, not Lew. B)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round III. V-XIX-XXXIII-XX-LXXXVIII-VI. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super Bowl V, Johnny Unitas (19) throws to Eddie Hinton (33) and is tipped by Mel Renfro (20) and caught by John Mackey (88) for a touchdown (6) with the PAT blocked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 12:37 AM, Walter Sobchak said:

Super Bowl V, Johnny Unitas (19) throws to Eddie Hinton (33) and is tipped by Mel Renfro (20) and caught by John Mackey (88) for a touchdown (6) with the PAT blocked.

 

That is exactly right. Good call. Walter Sobchak is on the board. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more tonight and then we’ll kick it up a notch tomorrow. 

 

Round IV. XII-XII-XLIV-LXXXIII-VII-XXVII-X. 

 

Bonus: This set of numbers includes a Super Bowl first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

One more tonight and then we’ll kick it up a notch tomorrow. 

 

Round IV. XII-XII-XLIV-LXXXIII-VII-XXVII-X. 

 

Bonus: This set of numbers includes a Super Bowl first. 

 

Super Bowl XII, #12 Roger Staubach pitches to #44 Robert Newhouse, who throws a pass to #83 Golden Richards for a touchdown (7 points after XP), making the score 27-10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, infrared41 said:

 

Yup. It was also the first score of the game. Put Pharos04 on the board. Also, it’s Len Dawson, not Lew. B)

First TD of the game. KC was leading 9-0 when he scored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

First TD of the game. KC was leading 9-0 when he scored.

 

Oops. I was watching the NFL Films Super Bowl highlights marathon on NFL Network when I did that one. I thought I heard Facenda say it was the first score of the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 1:52 AM, Lafarge said:

 

Super Bowl XII, #12 Roger Staubach pitches to #44 Robert Newhouse, who throws a pass to #83 Golden Richards for a touchdown (7 points after XP), making the score 27-10.

 

Right on the money. Lafarge gets in the game. It was also the first time a RB threw for a TD pass in the Super Bowl. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

 

Oops. I was watching the NFL Films Super Bowl highlights marathon on NFL Network when I did that one. I thought I heard Facenda say it was the first score of the game. 

I think he did too, if I hadn't just watched the show last night I would've looked past it too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I think including the Super Bowl in the question might be making things a little too easy. I'm going to try one without stating which game it took place in. 

 

Round V. XXII-XLIX-LXXVI-XCVII-LXXIV-LXXIV-XXI-XXXVI. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one time I'm here early, I get stumped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now