MLS rebrands by mcrosby: LAFC, Cinci, Chicago

mcrosby

1 hour ago, mcrosby said:

Terminus Atlanta: Again, we've got enough Uniteds in the league, especially when 'united' means nothing. I've always loved the Terminus Atlanta monicker, so lets roll with that. A little bit Purdue, a little touch of 5 stripes, a whole lot less boring roundel. 

d4AIrRU.png

That. That’s phenomenal. Somehow you got managed to change just about everything, improve the crest shape to something much more unique. And kept the main idea of the previous one intact throughout the changes! Although, not the biggest fan of the names. That’s more of a personal thing though.

Houston Also looks great! But it doesn’t scream soccer. That could make a good astros or rockets concept tho! Or even a Houston NHL concept!

San Jose, much of the same as Atlanta. Once again it looks really great!

I like the Changes to Kansas City and Toronto too! I like Kansas City’s specifically. Such a good and needed update. I’d love to see them up close though. I see you changed Vancouvers colors, which now scream Colorado imo, I’d prefer the double blue. 

Lookin foward to your next team. Love to see you take a shot at Seattle or the Galaxy

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Any more feedback on the most recent logos?

I'm working through some Nashville ideas. Looking for thoughts on a few things. 

Shape:

Round

Guitar Pick

Guitar Body

Other

Name: 

Nashville FC

Music City FC

Other

Colors: 

Yellow/Navy/Light blue

Other

Guitar Pic would be great. I feel like you could mess with guitar strings as well and mix those two things up. Music City is much more unique than Nashville FC.

Im afraid if you go to Yellow and Navy it’s gonna look too close the the Galaxy. I’d try maybe Light Blue, Yellow/Gold, Red or just light blue and gold. Either way the primaries would be light blue + yellow/gold. Just stay away from the navy

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I like the first version with yellow better (strings & stars on blue/teal). Looks really nice!

I'd love to see your take on FC Dallas or the LA Galaxy!

29 minutes ago, vtgco said:

I like the first version with yellow better (strings & stars on blue/teal). Looks really nice!

I'd love to see your take on FC Dallas or the LA Galaxy!

Got any ideas for a better name for FC Dallas? The current name is a bit lacking and the former name is a bit...sexually transmitted. 

I've been playing with @derschwigg's soccer template on some ideas. I hate Adidas' stripes so the league is making the switch to Nike. I'm also a proponent of teams having matching home and away, for the most part. It's an American sports styling, and I think it's a good way to differentiate MLS branding from the rest of world soccer. I also think a white kit isn't 100% necessary. 

Six Strings: 

IFIuq4L.jpg

The Colony: 

Th7lrvC.jpg

Quakes: 

QP38oHf.jpg

Apollos: 

e8UBzwr.jpg

Just here to chime in and say this work has been phenomenal.  Austin, SLC, NJ, and Nashville are my favorites.  SLC is especially nice, the crest is original and modern and kits bring the rebrand to life.  I love your willingness to branch out of the traditional sports team color schemes and explore a wider pallette.  It makes for a much better league when each franchise owns a unique color scheme.  

Nice work!

Just so it isn't all rainbows and high fives, I do have some nits to pick. . .  I don't see the need to change Houston from the Dynamo to the Apollos.  They're both silly, American-ized, futuristic terms.  I don't really see the value in going from one to the other, especially when the new branding and colors would fit just as well with the Dynamo.  Secondly, I love the moon kit, but I think it needs black shorts and socks.  It doesn't feel right to have the moon graphic just stop arbitrarily on the jersey, but have the rest of the kit continue with monochrome color scheme.

Next, the 'Q' in the Quakes crest seems a bit off.  I think the circle just needs to be larger, as currently the diagonal slash is disproportionate.   Even just scaling it up 10% - 20% would probably get the job done.

Again though, amazing work.  I'm finding this whole series very inspiring!

3 hours ago, Duck_Duck said:

all rainbows and high fives

tl:dr anything but this. 

But seriously, thanks for the fantastic feedback. I think you've got some valid points, especially the black shorts for the moon-kit. 

If anyone has any ideas for teams I haven't done yet, or for the likely expansion clubs (St. Louis, Detroit, Charlotte, Hot-Sac, etc) please chime in. I've hit a point where I've got some creative block. 

On 2/3/2019 at 2:00 PM, mcrosby said:

Got any ideas for a better name for FC Dallas? The current name is a bit lacking and the former name is a bit...sexually transmitted. 

The thing about FC Dallas is that the name actually dates back to the 80s and the old Lone Star Soccer Alliance.  If anyone is allowed to simply be FC (insert city), it oughta be them.

FC Dallas ideas: 

- Dallas 1841

- Pegasus FC (...it's a Dallas thing, trust me)

- Dallas Trinity FC

- North Texas FC

- FCDFW 

- Pantera Dallas

- Metroplex FC

And some generic "Americanized names" (feel free to add FC or SC to any of the below):

- Dallas Steers 

- Dallas Vaqueros

- Dallas Tycoons

- Dallas Herd

- Dallas Lone Stars 

- Dallas Flyers 

- Dallas Barrons 

- Dallas Billionaires

- Dallas Stallions

And some "historic names": 

- Dallas Sidekicks

- Dallas Desperados 

- Dallas Vigilantes 

- Dallas Texans

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

1 hour ago, 29texan said:

FC Dallas ideas: 

- Dallas 1841

- Pegasus FC (...it's a Dallas thing, trust me)

- Dallas Trinity FC

- North Texas FC

- FCDFW 

- Pantera Dallas

- Metroplex FC

And some generic "Americanized names" (feel free to add FC or SC to any of the below):

- Dallas Steers 

- Dallas Vaqueros

- Dallas Tycoons

- Dallas Herd

- Dallas Lone Stars 

- Dallas Flyers 

- Dallas Barrons 

- Dallas Billionaires

- Dallas Stallions

And some "historic names": 

- Dallas Sidekicks

- Dallas Desperados 

- Dallas Vigilantes 

- Dallas Texans

Pegasus FC, Lone Star FC, and FC Dallas are great!

3YCQJRO.png

Archived