NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

This is as good a time as any to start a thread looking ahead to next season (if one exists, I apologize and this should be deleted). Uni Watch has more on the Blackhawks ditching their collars and other changes.

Last month I had some info from a Chicago-based source who said the Blackhawks would be changing the collar on their red jersey next season. I can now confirm, via another source, that the Blackhawks will have new home and road jersey designs for 2019-20. I don’t have any details on what the changes will be, but I think it’s fairly safe to assume that they’re changing the collars (because really, what other changes could they possibly be making to a jersey as iconic as this one?).

Also:

• One team — I’m not yet ready to say which one — will have new home, road, and alternate uniforms next season.

• One team will have a new road uniform.

• Seven teams will add new alternates. That group includes the Golden Knights, who’ll be expanding their wardrobe for the first time.

That is all, at least for now.

https://uni-watch.com/2019/01/29/will-it-go-round-in-circles-atlantas-super-attraction/

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/29/2019 at 8:21 AM, bowld said:

VANCOUVER NEW HOME, ROAD AND ALT

Has anyone heard anything?  The only info I could find was a poster on the Canucks forum who said "a little birdy" told him the script was leaving an otherwise unchanged jersey.

I hope Vancouver ditches the script. That'd make me happy. Might even buy a jersey for the first time in 10 years if it happens.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

10 minutes ago, Bayne said:

I hope Vancouver ditches the script. That'd make me happy. Might even buy a jersey for the first time in 10 years if it happens.

If it is just some minor housekeeping to the current look, they should ditch the script first and foremost.  Also:

-Go back to blue, white and green gloves like the 1970s Canucks glove colour design.  Get rid of the solid blue gloves.

-Go with the striping that was on the recent 3rd uniform and have similar on the white jersey.  Minor difference from current striping but better.

-If the orca logo stays, has to have some green in it, like this design on this website:

http://nhllogos.blogspot.com/2007/07/fan-designs-canucks-concept-logo.html

canucksrecol.jpg

26 minutes ago, Wade Heidt said:

If it is just some minor housekeeping to the current look, they should ditch the script first and foremost.  Also:

-Go back to blue, white and green gloves like the 1970s Canucks glove colour design.  Get rid of the solid blue gloves.

-Go with the striping that was on the recent 3rd uniform and have similar on the white jersey.  Minor difference from current striping but better.

-If the orca logo stays, has to have some green in it, like this design on this website:

http://nhllogos.blogspot.com/2007/07/fan-designs-canucks-concept-logo.html

canucksrecol.jpg

The Orca logo can not have green in it. It just doesn't work. 

Even with a slightly better rendition of what the logo could look like on a blue jersey, it still looks ghastly.

canucks.jpg

9 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I'm hoping the sharks take their shoulder shark and make it the primary logo. that one is awesome

That would rival the Canes' godawful hurricane flag logo as far as being completely inappropriately shaped for the front of a jersey. Not to mention both 'logos' are incredibly mediocre at best.

1 minute ago, Bayne said:

That would rival the Canes' godawful hurricane flag logo as far as being completely inappropriately shaped for the front of a jersey. Not to mention both 'logos' are incredibly mediocre at best.

well then they need to pick a shark design and stick with it. having two different shark designs on the same jersey looks stupid

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

Archived