Burger King Logo Discussion.

simtek34

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, simtek34 said:

kSyVpONJ_400x400.jpg

No.

If they want to change and modernize/clean up that one, cool. But as it is, that thing is horrendously outdated. The text looks like someone did a Live Trace on a pixelated 100x100 scan.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

9 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

So basically, you'd prefer this:

burger_king_logo_28211.jpg

It's weird - I think this logo feels so dated and staid, but the existing BK logo feels awfully dated as well - a relic of the late-90s.

I always thought that BK didn't take advantage of the many visual opportunities afforded by its name, at least within its logo. I like the crown concept they have going on with this restaurant in Mexico though.

1920px-Burger_King_Chalco.jpg

17 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

So basically, you'd prefer this:

burger_king_logo_28211.jpg

Huh. I looked it up and apparently BK used that logo from 1994-1999. I had no idea.

I would've been 7-12 during that time, so I should definitely remember it... but I don't. I don't think any (or, possibly, few) of the BKs in my area ever upgraded to that logo. I remember them going straight from the older (1969-1994) one to the one they're currently using.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

The current Burger King logo is terrible, with pointless tilting and the addition of faux-3D in the shine on the buns (Why shine? Buns aren't shiny.) and a motion line (Why? Your burger isn't spinning when you eat it.).

They need to return to the classic logo, which was straightforward in its 2-dimensionality, and had very friendly type.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I just noticed another flaw that all of their logos have always had. Their logos all use 2 hamburger bun tops. The bottom bun is supposed to be a little flatter, less round kind of, you know what I'm saying? If a rebrand is in the cards, they really should take that oppurtunity to fix that.

They'll probably just update the retro logo to the letters "BK" and call it a day.

They'll be lowercase and in a sans-serif font, too. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

11 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

I didn't understand that commercial. What were they going for?

(Full disclosure, I didn't know that that was Warhol until my dad told me. I'm 32.)

I think they were trying to break the cycle of flashy ads with an ad that had almost no audio. (I recognized him right away, I’m 18 but have also passed a art history class)

Excellent!

This commercial is not even a commercial, they used short clip from 1982 Danish director Jorgen Leth movie called "66 scenes from America". Here is full version of Warhol eating a Whooper (he prefered Big Mac by the way):

4r2eer.png

Archived