Super Bowl Logo System

JQK

• JQK changed the title to Super Bowl Logo System
Guest darkpiranha

These are a great compromise between the NFL wanting to keep the logos standardized, while still allowing for the host city's personality to come through in subtle ways.  

I have no complaints with this. If the NFL really feels the need to make templated, repetitive Super Bowl logos, at least add some color and character. This is the perfect idea to keep a consistent branding without killing the fun and charisma of the previous logos.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

These are a great compromise between the NFL wanting to keep the logos standardized, while still allowing for the host city's personality to come through in subtle ways.  

@darkpiranha I agree with that completely.

A logo system with the Lombardi trophy as a requirement can be good, and represent the host city in not only a subtle way, but a defining way, and I think @JQK you've nailed it with these two logos. It can also be F*****g awful, if anyone has seen what the NFL has s**t out in the past decade of Super Bowl logos. 

So really, a good job here making the Lombardi trophy the largest part of the logo, but also Incorporating a lot of color, and host city representation. For a templated Super Bowl logo system, I think this is what the visual goal should be.

I really like this! This may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't mind standardized logos, as it keeps the brand consistent. HOWEVER, the way the NFL is executing their standardized logos is just awful. 

The two you've created so far has been fantastic. They're still standardized, but they each have their own personality. That's exactly what they should be doing. 

That's why I'm a big fan of the Final Four logos the NCAA has been pumping out since 2002 or so. They're similar, yet they all look different enough that you immediately know it's the Final Four in X city. 

Guest darkpiranha

Side rant, I've grown weary of the Roman numerals.  It was a cute idea at first, but once we got past the X's, it's been a nightmare even for someone like me who loved Roman numerals as a kid.  Once it got to 40, I felt they should have abandoned accurate Roman numbers and just made it XXXX.  We'd get the idea without having to remind ourselves what the L was for.  And for that matter, I think they should have just stuck with regular numbers once they got to 50.  You can either standardize the number itself and customize the add-on elements, or standardize the overall look, but let the number itself be stylized dramatically different from year to year.

/rant

43 minutes ago, Silence of the Rams said:

First off these are what I wish the logos would be. Second of all one quick thing though, maybe Post just the png logos first before you display the flag presentation. Just a nit pick, other than that solid concepts

That's how people thought Wrestlemania was in Philadelphia this year... lol...

I've learned not to post super-clean images...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived