Pittsburgh Peregrines

GriffinM6

Well, it's been a long time since I've posted a logo concept on here. Now, I have a semester-long project in my project management class and I chose to put an NBA expansion team in Pittsburgh. The name I chose is the Pittsburgh Peregrines; named after the fastest flying animal on the planet.

I am not the best at drawing, so I traced over the picture of the peregrine you will see below. I know right now it looks more like an illustration than a logo, and that's what I need your help with. What can I do to make it look more like Boston College's Eagle or UTSA's Roadrunner? Any help would be appreciated. I will also be posting other alternate logos and uniforms eventually. 

Image result for peregrine falcon 4pwe8j.jpg

C&C much appreciated!

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

44 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Well, it's been a long time since I've posted a logo concept on here. Now, I have a semester-long project in my project management class and I chose to put an NBA expansion team in Pittsburgh. The name I chose is the Pittsburgh Peregrines; named after the fastest flying animal on the planet.

I am not the best at drawing, so I traced over the picture of the peregrine you will see below. I know right now it looks more like an illustration than a logo, and that's what I need your help with. What can I do to make it look more like Boston College's Eagle or UTSA's Roadrunner? Any help would be appreciated. I will also be posting other alternate logos and uniforms eventually. 

Image result for peregrine falcon 4pwe8j.jpg

C&C much appreciated!

Good start, but it looks like you're combining a 3/4 view with a profile view. Also, it needs more depth. Just gray and white on the bird doesn't add dimension.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Archived