Help Raysox with a Soccer Template

raysox

I actually like the thinned down strokes. Although, I might change my mind once I see how it looks once the full kit is unveiled as the smaller scale might make the outline nearly invisible. I think maybe making the outline 1.5x or 2x thickness of the seams could work. I think too thick of lines could lead to a bit of a cluttered look where it's hard to distinguish what is a design element and what is an outline or seam. Long sleeves would be my only request for the keeper kits. Loving where it is headed.

P.S. This will seem really weird, but you're the reason I'm pursuing a degree in geography. Seeing that you were studying geography in one of your bios a few years back opened my eyes to pursuing a degree in it. Seems weird, but it was just some weird tidbit that stuck with me and ultimately affected my life path.

9 hours ago, Chapeeko said:

P.S. This will seem really weird, but you're the reason I'm pursuing a degree in geography. Seeing that you were studying geography in one of your bios a few years back opened my eyes to pursuing a degree in it. Seems weird, but it was just some weird tidbit that stuck with me and ultimately affected my life path.

Wow! That’s so cool! I hope you’re enjoying it!

yesterday I played around a little with the template. Currently the lines are 2px thick, I tried 4, 6, and 8 to compromise. 8 is pretty close to the proportions of the last one, but I think maybe halfway is a good compromise.

or since they’re strokes still, the thickness is up to you!

• 4 weeks later...

I know I am late to the ballgame here by Raysox this is music to my ears with your new kit template. I have been using your last kit template since you released it over three years ago for all my football concepts and personal social media graphics. 

The outer kit lines would be nice between 2 to 4px. I am very impressed with the multiuse of both the Nike and Adidas kit templates you are developing. I am very much looking forward to seeing the shirt back, shorts and socks you are developing. Are you going to create different collars or just the basic ones for 2019 Adidas/Nike kits?

Any chance you can develop a boot template to be used with the kit template? Something to allow for easy transition between the boots and the bottom of the socks? Maybe to use the basic boot manufacturers of Nike, Adidas, Puma. Just a thought.

I would definitely like to be part of the initial test group for the kit templates and give you valuable feedback on it to create the perfect template. Let me know Raysox. 

NpTodZP.png

On 2/5/2019 at 7:56 PM, raysox said:

Yeah layers are great. Illustrator has them and so anyone with an AI file will have an easier time swapping stuff in and out.

I got home, took some pictures of my USA kit and here is draft one of my new template(which I will name at some point)! I'm calling it the Caillou version since there's so many colors.

Nike-Caillou-01.png

I built it sort of big but bare with me. The seams and dashes are 100% opacity, which will create a clear division between panels of the kit. I built the thing without a collar, which you can swap the however you want with the cross hair being a good center point to use. Each collar will have a fill that you can change, since it won't necessarily reflect the pattern you place it over top. I used a geological pattern on the sleeves to help create a sense of realism as well. The band seams are loose, so you can move them up or remove them. Finally, in addition to the paneling on my file, it has clip groups so you can easily throw in patches.

All said and done, here's what a concept looks like.

Tester1-01.png

I think this is a fair representation of the Nike and Adidas kit I took pictures of. I'm going to create an Adidas version now to test that out, but I don't imagine the shape changing much. Then I'll make a back, which will be easy since I don't have to remove a collar.

Let me know what you think!  Down the line, I'll upload my file to a drive and you guys can play with it and let me know how it tests in case I'm missing anything.

This is a beaut! I'm looking forward to seeing the final product.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 minutes ago, raysox said:

Front-Back.pngTester3-01-01.png

There's definitely some layer issues that I need to work out, but I'm happy with this layout. For you guys that want both sides of the shorts, then you can easily duplicate it.

I actually prefer this view because it makes it easier to set the logos and numbers on there. Heads up, adidas finally started putting the 3 stripes back on the front of the shorts again. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I actually prefer this view because it makes it easier to set the logos and numbers on there. Heads up, adidas finally started putting the 3 stripes back on the front of the shorts again. 

I think it might be overkill having 3 on the short and 2 on the tops, what do you guys think?

15 hours ago, ThierryH14 said:

This layout is so much better and cleaner. As for having a back version of the shorts, really no point with Adidas putting the three stripes back on the front. What layer issues are you having? Looking forward to the final product 

A lot of selection issues. My Juve concept had me move the adidas logo, and the way it was grouped with other adidas stuff really made it hard to just simply change it. 

Archived