TheYellowWolfMC

American Football League of America -- 1980 (Season 1) Teams Revealed 10/10 -- Los Angeles Lobos + San Fransisco Quakes

Hello, people. You don't know me, as I am fairly new to this site, but I am NOT new to making concepts for American Football (teams/leagues).. The first imaginary football league I ever created, I created when I was 7 or 8. I made it because of two reasons: #1 I felt the NFL had too many teams for my 7 year-old self to keep up with. #2 My city (San Antonio) didn't have an NFL team, so I created a reality where the NFL didn't exist, and San Antonio had a team. But that league isn't why I am here. I am here because of another project which I am working on currently. Let's get to it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

Team List:

1. Shreveport Pythons

2. Tampa Great Whites

3. Dallas Outlaws

4. Houston Hurricanes

5. Mobile Razor

6. Tucson Tarantulas

7. Denver Summit

8. Las Vegas Atomics

9. Los Angeles Lobos

10. San Fransisco Quakes

1980:

The year is 1980. The NFL has been around in forms for 60 years or so, but they feel it is missing something. Ah, yes, a minor league/developmental league in which to farm players. Realizing the need, Entrepreneur and CEO of Delbo Inc. Richard Z Delbo Jr, son of Richard Z Delbo Sr, pioneered the first-of-its-kind American Football NFL Farm League, named, The American Football League of America, or AFLA for short. 

P9m1u8s.pngThis is the official logo of the AFLA. I couldn't think of anything else, and I decided with the pink/yellow colour scheme because it isn't usually seen anywhere else. The league, head by Delbo, will contain 10 teams with a 9-Week Schedule from January to April. The first of the ten teams is here, right now! Meet the Shreveport Pythons.

ABQEZ3J.pngThe logo is an 'S' with two-colors.

gxYi4Sc.pngTheir Uniforms. I used a red background to help see the colours better. Which I now realize might be a bad thing for colour-impaired vision people. I am sorry! I promise you'll be able to see the next ones.

Shreveport Pythons Facts:

City: Shreveport, Lousiana

Venue: State Fair Stadium (Renamed to Independence Stadium a Year Later) capacity: c. 65,000

Head Coach: Trent Stinson, age 59 from Tyler, Texas. Played college ball at U-Texas

Colors: Lime, Grey, Black

Key Players: Kamari Sharold Jr, QB #15 -- Derrick Davidson, ILB #55

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The players and head-coach were fabricated and not meant to be someone who existed, however all the venues in this league do exist in real life during the time they were used in this League.

I see noone replied, but I will keep on continuing until someone takes notice. Second up, we have got:

Tampa Great Whites 

JltrdPC.png

Uniforms:

cTpkYSU.pngI am sooo stoked for these uniforms. They look fresh, and I hope you agree! Now it is time to talk more about the team itself.

Tampa Great Whites Facts:

City: Tampa, Florida

Venue: Tampa Stadium (Demolished 1999) capacity: 74,301

Head Coach: Cecil Sparrow, age 34, born: Knoxville, Tennessee. Graduated from University of Tennessee 

Colors: Light(ish) Blue, Black, White

Key Players: Erick Drake, QB #8; Courtney Carter, DL #99; Ryan Pruitt, DB #30;

NEXT UP: Dallas, Texas

3 minutes ago, TargetToad said:

Sig for Tampa please.

Please rephrase? I don't know what you mean.

A Signature. It's a mini picture, like a banner for a team (What I have below my post for the NDA Miami Flamingos, AFA Tampa Bay Bobcats, and MAHL Ely Blackbears.

Re: the Tampa Great Whites logo -- I will direct you to the Concepts Forum Guidelines, which also govern the Sports Fan Fiction section:

• Ensure that any logo used in a concept that you do not own adheres to the below guidelines.
    • Members may use existing team logos for concepts about, or linked to, those existing teams.
      • Ex: I'm designing a uniform concept for the Los Angeles Dodgers. It is permissible to use Dodgers logos in my design.
      • Ex: I am doing a crossover series, where I want to make a Los Angeles Dodgers soccer jersey. It is permissible to use Dodgers logos in my design.
      • Ex: I am doing a soccer series, where I am creating an expansion team owned by the Los Angeles Dodgers. It is permissible to use Dodgers logos in my design (see real-life San Antonio FC).
      • Ex: In my alternate universe, the Los Angeles Dodgers moved to Albuquerque to become the Albuquerque Dodgers. It is permissible to use Dodgers logos in my design, as there is reason for my concept to be linked to the real-life Dodgers.
      • Ex: In my alternate universe, there's a team called the Los Angeles Wildcats. It is permissible to use Dodgers logos in my design; as this is unrelated to the Dodgers, a citation must be included for logos of existing teams being repurposed.
    • In all other cases, members must have usage rights to any and all artwork used in their concept. Simply giving credit is not sufficient.
      • Ex: I created a wildcat logo from scratch. It is permissible to use this in my design, as it is my own work and I own the usage rights.
      • Ex: I created a soccer logo that includes the lion from the city of Hanover's coat of arms. It is permissible to use the lion in my design, as German coats of arms are in the public domain.
      • Ex: I created a jersey that uses another designer's logo which is not or has not be used by any existing team. That designer has not given me explicit permission to use their logo, but I have credited them in my post. It is not permissible to use the logo in my design, as I do not have usage rights to the logo.
      • Ex: I found a wildcat logo on Shutterstock that is free-use. It is permissable to incorporate part of that logo into your design with proper credit given.  It is not permissable to present the logo with limited to no alteration as the basis for your concept.

As it stands now, I'm not certain where you got the Great Whites logo from, but if you do not have the usage rights for it, you may not use it.

10 minutes ago, TargetToad said:

Sig for Tampa please.

Please don’t ask for signatures unless the designer offers them.  If you insist on having one made please ask in the requests forum.

16 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Re: the Tampa Great Whites logo -- I will direct you to the Concepts Forum Guidelines, which also govern the Sports Fan Fiction section:

As it stands now, I'm not certain where you got the Great Whites logo from, but if you do not have the usage rights for it, you may not use it.

Okay, umm, please don't destroy this thread, I can fix the problem

18 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

It was just a blank template I got off a website offering a large variety of templates for free.

3 hours ago, TheYellowWolfMC said:

It was just a blank template I got off a website offering a large variety of templates for free.

Guy has a point.

3 hours ago, TheYellowWolfMC said:

Got a link?

Next up, we have got the Dallas Franchise. Founded by longtime Cowboys fan and CEO of H-E-B, Howard Butt, Dallas franchise plays at Texas Stadium, sharing with the Dallas Cowboys. Let me introduce to you, the Dallas Outlaws! Their logo is a simple "O" that is orange. Originally I was going to make it a "D" for Dallas, but it ended up looking like the old Broncos' logo without the horse in the middle.

YCzjRQo.png

HMftP5O.png

Outlaws Facts:

City: Irving, Texas

Venue: Texas Stadium capacity: 65,675 [Was demolished 2010]

Head Coach: Billy Bob Johnson, age 45, born Bandera, Texas, played OL at SMU

Colors: Orange, Gray, White, Black

Key Players: Daylon Monyo-Smith, QB #9; Mitchell Decker-Tucker, WR #81; Houston Riley, WR #83;

Please tell me where I can improve!

Next Up: Houston + Mobile

These logos are pretty accurate for the time.

Pre-Season News + 2 more teams revealed:

Commissioner Richard Z Delbo Jr announced to the press that the first ever AFLA championship game will take place in Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Ohio, home of the Ohio State Buckeyes! He said that "Columbus is a football city, and the fans have shown that they deserve the championship game in their city."

Now, the Houston Hurricanes! (Although they have had problems with them, people also get mauled by Bears all the time yet Chicago still keeps its moniker the "Bears") 

Its logo is kind of generic, but it is better than the first idea I had, which was two lightning bolts turned into an 'H'RnKH574.png

Their Jerseys look good to me! Uniforms I personally could root for, but me being a Texans fan, I like these colors (in a sense)The thing about these jerseys that stands out is the italic'ed numbers on the helmet within the red oval. I like the way it looks, and it makes the helmet unique.

tEQooXE.png

Hurricanes Facts:

City: Houston, USA 

Colours: Red, Black, Indigo, White

Venue: Astrodome, capacity c. 65,000

Head Coach: Marc Bruford, age 55, born Corpus Christi, TX, was a QB at Texas A&M

Key Players: Tom Wright, CB #24; DeMarcus Oakley, ILB #54;

Team Number 2:

Now Introducing from Mobile, Alabama....

Mobile Razor

Yeah, yeah, yeah. "What kind of name is Razor?" "Why would Mobile need a football team" 

I understand that this team doesn't make sense, but trust me, it does! 

Their logo: 

1. The helmet IS part of the logo

2. The logo isn't on their game-day helmets

3. Yeah, this one was kind of harder than the last one.

4. I will not be working on this any more today, as I will be visiting my nephew, and than will come back and watch the Commanders. #GoCommanders

wqKOC8Q.png

x2Ctekn.png

I personally love the uniforms! They look good, but it might just be me.

RAZOR facts:

City: Mobile, Alabama

Venue: Ladd-Peebles Stadium (SENIOR-BOWL) capacity: 33,471

Colours: Yellow + Blue + Light Gray + Black 

Head Coach: Christopher Dunn, age 38, graduated from Stanford

Key Players: Wesley Gann, QB #8

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which team of these do you like so far? Comment below (please?)

I like what you been doing so far. I like Houston logo, it looks great. Can't wait to see the rest of the team's. :)

I like what you've done so far, but if I may make a suggestion? 

The graphics look fine, but your text is all over the place.

In some posts, your texts are small, while others are massive. I won't be surprised if you copied/pasted them from word or google docs or whatever. Sometimes they don't transfer right because of the funky fonts/sizes/etc. That's totally fine. We all do that here anyway.  

So I suggest that when you paste it here, right click and then click on "Paste and Match Style." THEN you can mess with the format in the post itself. Bold the headlines, add bullet points to lists, etc. Do whatever you need to do. 

It'll make things a lot more consistent and easier to read. 

I hope this helps!  

Now Introducing the sixth charter member of the AFLA, the Tucson Tarantulas! In Arizona, there are all sorts of wildlife that are venomous, and tarantulas are the same story. The most commonly known spiders in the world, 'Tarantulas' is the nickname that was decided upon for the franchise via a poll. Here is their logo for their inaugural season: mJNHuTg.jpg

Their logo is a simple spider filled in with their main colour, Dark Red. It fits, gets right to the point, and works well for the time period comparing it to other logos at the time. Now here are their uniforms, pants, and helmet. Using the same font for their numbers as most of the teams do (only some use a different font)

eMMQL4H.png

As you also can see from the uniforms, their second colour is yellow. 

Tarantulas Facts:

City: Tucson, Arizona

Venue: Arizona Stadium, capacity: 54,700

Colours: Dark Red, Yellow, White

Head Coach: Manfred Serrano. Age 51, born in Memphis, Tennessee. Was a linebacker for West Alabama and the Seattle Seahawks

Key Players: Patrick Judson, QB #11; Jacob Gurldon, WR #17; Daniel Hacker, HB #25;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opinions and other thoughts below!

Next up: Denver + Las Vegas

Now for the penultimate reply consisting of the revelation of a team or teams for the inaugural season of the AFLA. We have two teams here, the Denver Summit and the Las Vegas Atomics. 

The Denver Summit's Logo + Uniforms are here: 

zg5K4Ak.png 

vgqlhcF.png

Denver has only one uniform, which was decided by their team president, Jackson Johnston. 

Here are some facts for Denver:

City: Denver, Colorado

Venue: Mile High Stadium, capacity: ?

Colours: Gray, White, Black

Head Coach: Kelly Matthews, age 61, born in San Antonio, TX, alma mater: Tulane.

Key Players: Dorian Hughes, QB #8; 

Next Up: Las Vegas Atomics, logo + uniforms

G3Hoh2r.gif

jWzDXlQ.png

Las Vegas Atomics facts:

City: Las Vegas, Nevada

Venues: Sam Boyd Stadium, capacity 40,000

Colours: Black, White

Head Coach: Dennis McCray, age 36, born in Hartford, CT, alma mater, Harvard

Key Players: Quenton Lee, QB #13; David Smith, QB #3; Dallas Hart, OLB #43;

Comment Below:

Next Up: Los Angeles + San Fransisco

Here is our last revelation! Now, I will release the last two teams of the AAFL's first season. One will play in San Fransisco, and the other in Pasadena. First up, the Los Angeles Lobos of Pasadena!! Here is their logo + their uniforms... 

kC0PvfJ.png

T9MEcGa.png

Team facts of the Los Angeles Lobos of Pasadena:

City: Pasadena, California

Venue: Rose Bowl Stadium, capacity: 90,888

Colors: Navy Blue, Red, White

Head Coach: Sergio Ellis, age 70, born in Kennewick, Washington, Alma mater, Washington University

Key Players: Julian Bevers, QB #9; Derrius Galloway, CB #21

Next Up: The San Francisco Quakes, logo + uniforms for the 1980 season

RSZDM2d.png

fPQWlIi.png

Quakes Facts:

City: San Francisco, California

Venue: Candlestick Park, capacity: c, 70,000

Colors: Green, Gold, Black, + White

Head Coach: Donovan Geilnurhs, age 53, born in Red Wing, Minnesota, Alma Mater, Minnesota State University.

Key Players: Chase Jackson, QB #7; David Carson, TE #87; Lloyd McClain, FS #33;

All the teams have now been released. I would appreciate comments and what-not, and criticism as well. If people don't reply, I will just end this thread, and not waste space on the site posting results to games that nobody actually cares about. Hopefully we can have a first season.