TheYellowWolfMC

American Football League of America -- 1980 (Season 1) Teams Revealed 10/10 -- Los Angeles Lobos + San Fransisco Quakes

12 minutes ago, TheYellowWolfMC said:

LTdPUkx.png

A reverse Google Image search shows that this logo has been taken from one of a number of royalty-free stock illustration sites and recolored. I will once again direct you to the Concepts Forum Guidelines, specifically the section that reads as follows:

• Ex: I found a wildcat logo on Shutterstock that is free-use. It is permissable to incorporate part of that logo into your design with proper credit given.  It is not permissable to present the logo with limited to no alteration as the basis for your concept.

No proper credit has been given and I would argue that your edits constitute only limited alteration. Either come up with new, original artwork for the Lobos and the Great Whites before you move on to any simulations or expansions, or this thread will be locked.

27 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

A reverse Google Image search shows that this logo has been taken from one of a number of royalty-free stock illustration sites and recolored. I will once again direct you to the Concepts Forum Guidelines, specifically the section that reads as follows:

No proper credit has been given and I would argue that your edits constitute only limited alteration. Either come up with new, original artwork for the Lobos and the Great Whites before you move on to any simulations or expansions, or this thread will be locked.

Done

On 2/9/2019 at 11:06 AM, ItsSlothy said:

These logos are pretty accurate for the time.

I appreciate it, thanks. 

On 2/9/2019 at 4:17 PM, Matthew24 said:

I like what you been doing so far. I like Houston logo, it looks great. Can't wait to see the rest of the team's. :)

Thank you, I am not good at making logos that fit a sports team, but the Houston one seemed right.

On 2/9/2019 at 10:51 PM, RoughRiders99 said:

I like what you've done so far, but if I may make a suggestion? 

The graphics look fine, but your text is all over the place.

In some posts, your texts are small, while others are massive. I won't be surprised if you copied/pasted them from word or google docs or whatever. Sometimes they don't transfer right because of the funky fonts/sizes/etc. That's totally fine. We all do that here anyway.  

So I suggest that when you paste it here, right click and then click on "Paste and Match Style." THEN you can mess with the format in the post itself. Bold the headlines, add bullet points to lists, etc. Do whatever you need to do. 

It'll make things a lot more consistent and easier to read. 

I hope this helps!  

Thanks, so much. After this, I made the next two (2) posts with the same font.

I'm not seeing a whole ton of effort on these. It's not difficult to create a shape and add generic text to it. 

Do some research. These "logos" to me are more set for the 1880's, not the 1980's. 

21 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I'm not seeing a whole ton of effort on these. It's not difficult to create a shape and add generic text to it. 

Do some research. These "logos" to me are more set for the 1880's, not the 1980's. 

I have no idea how I am supposed to create better logos.

On 2/9/2019 at 12:00 PM, TheYellowWolfMC said:

Pre-Season News + 2 more teams revealed:

Commissioner Richard Z Delbo Jr announced to the press that the first ever AFLA championship game will take place in Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Ohio, home of the Ohio State Buckeyes! He said that "Columbus is a football city, and the fans have shown that they deserve the championship game in their city."

Now, the Houston Hurricanes! (Although they have had problems with them, people also get mauled by Bears all the time yet Chicago still keeps its moniker the "Bears") 

Its logo is kind of generic, but it is better than the first idea I had, which was two lightning bolts turned into an 'H'RnKH574.png

Their Jerseys look good to me! Uniforms I personally could root for, but me being a Texans fan, I like these colors (in a sense)The thing about these jerseys that stands out is the italic'ed numbers on the helmet within the red oval. I like the way it looks, and it makes the helmet unique.

tEQooXE.png

Hurricanes Facts:

City: Houston, USA 

Colours: Red, Black, Indigo, White

Venue: Astrodome, capacity c. 65,000

Head Coach: Marc Bruford, age 55, born Corpus Christi, TX, was a QB at Texas A&M

Key Players: Tom Wright, CB #24; DeMarcus Oakley, ILB #54;

Team Number 2:

Now Introducing from Mobile, Alabama....

Mobile Razor

Yeah, yeah, yeah. "What kind of name is Razor?" "Why would Mobile need a football team" 

I understand that this team doesn't make sense, but trust me, it does! 

Their logo: 

1. The helmet IS part of the logo

2. The logo isn't on their game-day helmets

3. Yeah, this one was kind of harder than the last one.

4. I will not be working on this any more today, as I will be visiting my nephew, and than will come back and watch the Commanders. #GoCommanders

wqKOC8Q.png

x2Ctekn.png

I personally love the uniforms! They look good, but it might just be me.

RAZOR facts:

City: Mobile, Alabama

Venue: Ladd-Peebles Stadium (SENIOR-BOWL) capacity: 33,471

Colours: Yellow + Blue + Light Gray + Black 

Head Coach: Christopher Dunn, age 38, graduated from Stanford

Key Players: Wesley Gann, QB #8

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which team of these do you like so far? Comment below (please?)

Cool Logo Mobile

4 minutes ago, TheYellowWolfMC said:

I have no idea how I am supposed to create better logos.

A post I often go back to when the topic of improving graphic design skills comes up:

4 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

A post I often go back to when the topic of improving graphic design skills comes up:

Would I be forced to stop because I am not as good at graphic design as others are? Problem is I don't have money to spend on illustrator or photoshop or whatever.

5 minutes ago, TheYellowWolfMC said:

Would I be forced to stop because I am not as good at graphic design as others are? Problem is I don't have money to spend on illustrator or photoshop or whatever.

No, no one would force you to stop. Just demonstrate a willingness to improve (EDIT: and ensure you're doing original work), and remember to keep the balance between graphic design and stories/simulations. A fan fiction thread is actually good for that because a team can rebrand as the league progresses over time. And there are several inexpensive-to-free software options out there, including GIMP and Inkscape.

3 minutes ago, TheYellowWolfMC said:

PaintDotNet and Gimp are good alternatives. I mostly use PaintDotNet to do logos and it works well for me. 

Try them out and give it a shot.

Sketch on paper and copy and adjust in gimp/computer program. That’s what I do. Last october I’d never used any computer program before. Since then I think I’ve learned my way around gimp pretty well

10 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

No, no one would force you to stop. Just demonstrate a willingness to improve (EDIT: and ensure you're doing original work), and remember to keep the balance between graphic design and stories/simulations. A fan fiction thread is actually good for that because a team can rebrand as the league progresses over time. And there are several inexpensive-to-free software options out there, including GIMP and Inkscape.

can you lock this thread? I shouldn't keep on going