New England Revs' New Crest, Another Attempt

BigRed618

First off, this is my first concept done on something besides Paint. I made this on MediBang instead. I’ve made a few concepts for this team before, and each time the theme is the same: An emblem that radiates Americana, nothing too ornate or "cresty" like you would expect from a European team. Something that would look almost as good on a football helmet or a baseball cap as it would on a soccer jersey. So, here it is...

8-C112-F98-99-E4-4161-92-A6-BB98-DED356-

Taking some inspiration from the White Sox's old Batterman logo, I wanted to make something involving a simple, Olympic-style icon of a soccer player. It was going to be an NE monogram, but I had a hard time pulling it off without it looking like the New Era logo. Soon I decided to just make it an R for Revs. I wanted to include some kind of stars-and-stripes design, but I feared that would muddy things up.

What do you think? Can you see New England's team using this? Or is there more I should do? What do you think of the "Kickerman?"

This would look good as an alternate merchandise logo or something. As a main crest... no mate. Like every sport has different aesthetics. As you said,this looks more like something you'd find on a baseball cap. Maybe it could work if you put it on a shield or circle.

• 1 month later...

I love this. I agree with NicDB. It definitely has a vintage feel.

I like the vibe. It's definitely not too traditional.

I'm glad you didn't force a stars and stripes pattern in there. There's great color balance as it is IMO.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

It would look great for a soccer team in the 1970s that was trying really hard to be distinctively American and completely disconnected from global soccer. None of that describes the Revolution. That's not to say it's not a good logo; it just doesn't fit your declared purpose.

rATMcmK.png

Archived