NBA Refresh Series (Portland added 2/21)

JG36

I like where you're going here, but I've got a few suggestions. First, the font of the LA is pretty bland. I would try using something that gives off more of a oceanic or west coast vibe. Also, I like your idea with the C in the center of the wheel, but the fact that the spokes are not connected to the center ring here is throwing me off. Maybe extend the spokes that aren't connected or fill in the gaps and make the c colored differently than the rest of the center ring. There's tons of different ways you could make the C stand out. All in all, I think you've got a good start here!

OB2sFI1.png

1 hour ago, Griff 3man said:

I like where you're going here, but I've got a few suggestions. First, the font of the LA is pretty bland. I would try using something that gives off more of a oceanic or west coast vibe. Also, I like your idea with the C in the center of the wheel, but the fact that the spokes are not connected to the center ring here is throwing me off. Maybe extend the spokes that aren't connected or fill in the gaps and make the c colored differently than the rest of the center ring. There's tons of different ways you could make the C stand out. All in all, I think you've got a good start here!

Thanks, I was wondering what to do with the spokes. As for the font, I’ll check that out.

The ideas of the concepts are pretty good, but the presentation is lacking. Inconsistent thickness of lines and pretty basic shapes and fonts are a little underwhelming. Look at the old Jazz mountains font and the detail that goes into that. Maybe make the C in the Clippers logo the blue color and the spokes black. Just a couple suggestions for improvement.

XcryMwi.png

Similarly to last time, I like your idea, but I think they could be executed much better. I like the idea of the basketball/sun over the horizon, but those black mountains just do not give me an arizona vibe at all. As far as rays for the sun, a lot of teams in arizona like to do that because its part of the arizona flag, so it's a little cliche. I'd still give it a try if I were you just to see if you like it better or not. Maybe make the ball's color a gradient between yellow and orange or between two different shades of orange. As far as the font, it is still pretty boring. Try to find one that really fits the team name.

OB2sFI1.png

20 minutes ago, Griff 3man said:

Similarly to last time, I like your idea, but I think they could be executed much better. I like the idea of the basketball/sun over the horizon, but those black mountains just do not give me an arizona vibe at all. As far as rays for the sun, a lot of teams in arizona like to do that because its part of the arizona flag, so it's a little cliche. I'd still give it a try if I were you just to see if you like it better or not. Maybe make the ball's color a gradient between yellow and orange or between two different shades of orange. As far as the font, it is still pretty boring. Try to find one that really fits the team name.

I meant rays not like the Arizona flag but like sun rays. Also, Phoenix is known as the “Valley of the Sun” so that’s why I have the sun/basketball rising out of the valley.

Archived