CPL Rebrands & Expansion by mcrosby - 20 of 20 - Kelona & Final League

mcrosby

I've hit some creative blocks near the end of my MLS rebrands and have decided to take that creative block as an opportunity to go North. The CPL recently released their 'Original 7' clubs as well as league logo. For the most part, the branding was done very well, but I've always thought that leaving things untouched is boring. Here's the league as it stands, as well as 9 expansion clubs to form a 16 club team. The first expansion club: Québec. 

TvGo5wo.png

La Vielle Québec FC: 

lljceNU.png

yd59EnS.png

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

I feel like the lines of Hamilton are a little heavy, but other than that, this is excellent. One question though: could you explain the meaning behind Quebec's name?

La Vieille Capitale is a somewhat common nickname for the city. It means 'the old capital'. 

I’m loving all of these, especially Edmonton. Lagomorphs are not well-represented in sports, so they should really embrace that imagery. Montreal is hard to get right in concepts, methinks. You want to have something traditional and classy, but at the same time you want something edgy and dynamic to fit the "Impact" name. Seems no one can decide how they’re supposed to look.

Love the work so far. Not sure about the snowy owl/fleur de lise—should be a way to incorporate the wings a little better, whether it’s negative space or part of the flower. Right now it’s not super clear.  

Also, I’d call it “FC Vieux Québec.” The name you chose is grammatically incorrect and not really a common way of  referring to Old Quebec.

3 hours ago, appleclock said:

Love the work so far. Not sure about the snowy owl/fleur de lise—should be a way to incorporate the wings a little better, whether it’s negative space or part of the flower. Right now it’s not super clear.  

Also, I’d call it “FC Vieux Québec.” The name you chose is grammatically incorrect and not really a common way of  referring to Old Quebec.

How does this look? 

bj5dKtd.png

After doing my CPL concept series, it's always interesting to see others' takes, and how different or similar they are!

I like that Regina concept quite a bit. The buffalo is really well done. I take it that's the western lily up there!

St John's is cool, but I agree with @NoE38 about making it a hill, and maybe try pastel colors.

That second version for Quebec with the new wings looks much better!

The MLS teams all are slight upgrades. I like the NASL font for Vancouver and the integration of the fleur de lys for Montreal.

I look forward to your takes on Saskatoon and Calgary! I find your idea to include Anchorage pretty cool!

However... how could you separate the Whitecaps from the Sounders and Timbers after 45 years of rivalry!?

15 hours ago, vtgco said:

However... how could you separate the Whitecaps from the Sounders and Timbers after 45 years of rivalry!?

There's always friendlies and continental cups!

1 hour ago, Dan O'Mac said:

I like that on Hamilton, there are 11 visible chain links, so, even if unintentional, you can claim it was "one for each person on the field".

Now you're thinking with brandspeak!

Archived