Sign in to follow this  
jrodsep

Chris Creamer's Boards Baseball Team

McCarthy    6,848
I've always felt like the CCSLC should have a HOF, where legendary threads live forever with special attention. This is one of those.

Who would form the CCSLC Writers Association of (North) America? Would a thread need to be on 75% of the ballots? Would it have to be retired for 5 years? Would it be eligible for 15 years?

Just stuff to ponder. :)

To vote you need to have 2,000 posts just so you've been around long enough to see the thread when it was actually in use. If a dormant thread or "retired" it should be retired for 2 years. I think threads like "babe of the week", "what grinds your gears", "celebrate yourself here", and "NHL uniforms 2007" should all go in first and 75% is a good number.

Brass    1,633
I've always felt like the CCSLC should have a HOF, where legendary threads live forever with special attention. This is one of those.

Who would form the CCSLC Writers Association of (North) America? Would a thread need to be on 75% of the ballots? Would it have to be retired for 5 years? Would it be eligible for 15 years?

To vote you need to have 2,000 posts just so you've been around long enough to see the thread when it was actually in use. If a dormant thread or "retired" it should be retired for 2 years. I think threads like "babe of the week", "what grinds your gears", "celebrate yourself here", and "NHL uniforms 2007" should all go in first and 75% is a good number.

If the "Grinds Your Gears" thread goes into the Hall of Fame, I would like to throw my name in for the acceptance speech.

And I also want a chair.

McCall    393

I nominate the MBisordi thread. Yes, it was a front put on by the lowliest of losers, Nick, but it was still great. And I think it's greatness deserves a waving of the waiting period. Truly a masterpiece of thread work.

... Ok, it was the most humiliating and embarrassing moment(s) of my sad existence of a life and I would rather it never be brought up again and I hope that Nick rots in hell for what he's done...

But this may be my only chance to get into a Hall of Fame... At least until the "Procrastanators of Tomorrow" finally get around to building there's.

I nominate the MBisordi thread. Yes, it was a front put on by the lowliest of losers, Nick, but it was still great. And I think it's greatness deserves a waving of the waiting period. Truly a masterpiece of thread work.

... Ok, it was the most humiliating and embarrassing moment(s) of my sad existence of a life and I would rather it never be brought up again and I hope that Nick rots in hell for what he's done...

But this may be my only chance to get into a Hall of Fame... At least until the "Procrastanators of Tomorrow" finally get around to building there's.

Or the "Derek Zoolander Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too."

infrared41    3,723

Well since it's back...

Name: Infrared

Position: 1st Base/C

Jersey Number: 41

Height: 6' 3"

Weight 205 lbs.

Bats: Left

Throws: Right

Jigga    38

If the "Grinds Your Gears" thread goes into the Hall of Fame, I would like to throw my name in for the acceptance speech.

And I also want a chair.

If any of "Babe of the Week", "What Grinds Your Gears", "Celebrate Yourself Here", or "NHL Uniforms 2007" go into the Hall of Fame, just close it down already. We're supposed to be talking about a Hall of Fame here, not a Hall of Mildly Entertaining at Best...the HOF is for only the greatest of the great.

McCarthy    6,848

And I also want a chair.

If any of "Babe of the Week", "What Grinds Your Gears", "Celebrate Yourself Here", or "NHL Uniforms 2007" go into the Hall of Fame, just close it down already. We're supposed to be talking about a Hall of Fame here, not a Hall of Mildly Entertaining at Best...the HOF is for only the greatest of the great.

Well then we need a criteria. Are we going off of sheer numbers like a 500 homerun hitter or a flash in the pan thread such as this? I think what we really need is a hall of shame for nick-like members.

Brass    1,633

And I also want a chair.

Well then we need a criteria. Are we going off of sheer numbers like a 500 homerun hitter or a flash in the pan thread such as this? I think what we really need is a hall of shame for nick-like members.

A Hall of Shame for members would be far easier. Our inaugural class would include the likes of:

JamesCraven

JohnnyFriedRice

MoJoTo

Nick 1733/MBisordi

NotoriousAP

sportsfan331

TCR

the_cynic

Perhaps call it the "The B, B & S Hall of Shame"?

LMU    3,135
A Hall of Shame for members would be far easier. Our inaugural class would include the likes of:

JamesCraven

JohnnyFriedRice

MoJoTo

Nick 1733/MBisordi

NotoriousAP

sportsfan331

TCR

the_cynic

You can't have a hall of shame without Tom O'Grady included.

averyj    0
Where\\'\s TheRedArmy \?

Oh my, that was quite a week, wasn't it? Creamer banned, lieutenants created, total chaos... It was a week which will live in infamy. :P

BB61    9
Where\\'\s TheRedArmy \?

Oh my, that was quite a week, wasn't it? Creamer banned, lieutenants created, total chaos... It was a week which will live in infamy. :P

I'm still claiming some sort of superfluous fame for setting that whole thing off by telling that little squirt to stop spamming the fantasy leagues.

Lee.    413
Where\\'\s TheRedArmy \?

We're about due for another coup, by my estimation.

BringBackTheVet    4,185

And I also want a chair.

Agreed completely. I thought I actually posted my disagreement to that post from my phone earlier, but apparently I haven't mastered phone-based interweb posting yet.

I'll say this - if and only if (iff if you will) Juan Samuel gets in to the baseball HOF, then BOTW gets into the CCSLC HOF. The two are about equal in contributions to their craft.

Lee.    413

Only one more year and this baby is eligible ^_^

But since it was bumped, does that mean it has unretired and the clock starts over?

For the record, I wouldn't vote for the thread on the first ballot, because no thread deserves to be voted in unanimously. That is my silly, egocentric rule and I'm sticking to it.

The only thread that could ever be eligible for first-ballot unanimous entry is the "Lamicus is dead" thread, no matter how Brass feels about it.

And it's not just because I'm the focal point, either. It was pure twisted genius on Joel's part.

*I also hereby announce that I will lead the way for the CCSLCWAoNA, the group that shall be in charge of selecting and nominating threads for potential HOF status. As one of your lieutenants, it's the least I can do.

LC    0

JamesCraven

JohnnyFriedRice

MoJoTo

Nick 1733/MBisordi

NotoriousAP

sportsfan331

TCR

the_cynic

You can't have a hall of shame without Tom O'Grady included.

I havent been here long, but I miss RedWings- the Avs fan that lived in 3 places and had the

"Why dont people like me" thread.

BB61    9
I havent been here long, but I miss RedWings- the Avs fan that lived in 3 places and had the

That was Nick / Monica.

Brass    1,633

Only one more year and this baby is eligible ^_^

But since it was bumped, does that mean it has unretired and the clock starts over?

For the record, I wouldn't vote for the thread on the first ballot, because no thread deserves to be voted in unanimously. That is my silly, egocentric rule and I'm sticking to it.

The only thread that could ever be eligible for first-ballot unanimous entry is the "Lamicus is dead" thread, no matter how Brass feels about it.

And it's not just because I'm the focal point, either. It was pure twisted genius on Joel's part.

*I also hereby announce that I will lead the way for the CCSLCWAoNA, the group that shall be in charge of selecting and nominating threads for potential HOF status. As one of your lieutenants, it's the least I can do.

If you're doing a Hall of Fame about threads, then I would like to nominate myself to lead the way for the Hall of Fame for members. Or Hall of Shame, however you see fit.

LC    0

That was Nick / Monica.

..figured

thought I'd give em the benefit of the doubt.

Sign in to follow this