Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jrodsep

Chris Creamer's Boards Baseball Team

125 posts in this topic

I've always felt like the CCSLC should have a HOF, where legendary threads live forever with special attention. This is one of those.

Who would form the CCSLC Writers Association of (North) America? Would a thread need to be on 75% of the ballots? Would it have to be retired for 5 years? Would it be eligible for 15 years?

Just stuff to ponder. :)

Only one more year and this baby is eligible ^_^

But since it was bumped, does that mean it has unretired and the clock starts over?

For the record, I wouldn't vote for the thread on the first ballot, because no thread deserves to be voted in unanimously. That is my silly, egocentric rule and I'm sticking to it.

The only thread that could ever be eligible for first-ballot unanimous entry is the "Lamicus is dead" thread, no matter how Brass feels about it.

And it's not just because I'm the focal point, either. It was pure twisted genius on Joel's part.

*I also hereby announce that I will lead the way for the CCSLCWAoNA, the group that shall be in charge of selecting and nominating threads for potential HOF status. As one of your lieutenants, it's the least I can do.

This sweet baby? the passing of a true gentleman., goodnight, sweet prince.

Yeah, that one is pretty good.

I've always felt like the CCSLC should have a HOF, where legendary threads live forever with special attention. This is one of those.

Who would form the CCSLC Writers Association of (North) America? Would a thread need to be on 75% of the ballots? Would it have to be retired for 5 years? Would it be eligible for 15 years?

Just stuff to ponder. :)

Only one more year and this baby is eligible ^_^

But since it was bumped, does that mean it has unretired and the clock starts over?

For the record, I wouldn't vote for the thread on the first ballot, because no thread deserves to be voted in unanimously. That is my silly, egocentric rule and I'm sticking to it.

The only thread that could ever be eligible for first-ballot unanimous entry is the "Lamicus is dead" thread, no matter how Brass feels about it.

And it's not just because I'm the focal point, either. It was pure twisted genius on Joel's part.

*I also hereby announce that I will lead the way for the CCSLCWAoNA, the group that shall be in charge of selecting and nominating threads for potential HOF status. As one of your lieutenants, it's the least I can do.

This sweet baby? the passing of a true gentleman., goodnight, sweet prince.

Yeah, that one is pretty good.

This one is also a good one.

The Mother of all Fantasy Leagues

The bottom one doesn't appear to be working.

I always thought a board this big and that's been going so long should have an annual awards ceremony. Concept of the Year, Contribution to the Lounge or whatever. There could be a Thread of the Year that gets inducted into the HOF. Anyone could nominate their choice for each category, under the assumption that if nobody remembers it, it couldn't have been that good.

I always thought a board this big and that's been going so long should have an annual awards ceremony. Concept of the Year, Contribution to the Lounge or whatever. There could be a Thread of the Year that gets inducted into the HOF. Anyone could nominate their choice for each category, under the assumption that if nobody remembers it, it couldn't have been that good.

There would be too many people complaining about not winning, not being nominated for something, etc. Egos would collide, so to speak.

There would be too many people complaining about not winning, not being nominated for something, etc. Egos would collide, so to speak.

Exactly. See Uni Watch OKC thread. However, I welcome it.

Oh...that thread works for me just fine. I wonder why I can see something you can't...how weird is that? :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0