Swiss

RedSox-alike fonts for free!

People:

You can download for free three fonts of RedSox-alike letters. Only one of them has numbers (RedSoxNation.ttf , this is a copy of the Tiffany font).

Download here!

I'm open to every comment. :)

Ah, I wish to THANK to erigjaffe who had a little time explaining me some options of the Macromedia Fontographer. He is a truly kind man.

Hey, I fixed the link. Now it works.

--------

Reediting:

You like this one, right?

l_tiffany_big.gif

Well, I can provide you that with this one!

red_swiss_nation.jpg

Actually, that looks a lot like the 1976-1981 Chicago White Sox font on those pajama-like uniforms, not that there's anything wrong with that. The actual font (called MLB Tuscan) can be found here.

Yeah, that's the White Sox old lettering, during the age of wide collars and shorts. I know I've seen a Red Sox font, it may even be on my hard drive. I'll keep scanning.

The actual font (called MLB Tuscan) can be found elsewhere in these boards.

MLB Tuscan isn't like Tiffany. So I made a kind of Tiffany and I named that "RedSoxNation".

But renaming it as "Chicago White Pajama & Sox" isn't bad idea. :D

Well, eriqjaffe made that one:

mlb-tuscan.gif

This one, yes, is similar to two of my fonts but I made them three or four years ago.

I already asked this but didn't get an answer, so I'll ask again:

Can we use this fonts for other purposes then concepts, can we make a logo with the fonts and sell it (Boston or other fonts obtained from the bord - Phillies, Angels...)?

Thanks!

Can we use this fonts for other purposes then concepts, can we make a logo with the fonts and sell it (Boston or other fonts obtained from the bord - Phillies, Angels...)?

I really don't know, it's kind of a grey area...personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing so.

BTW - Beautiful work, Swiss!

I already asked this but didn't get an answer, so I'll ask again:

Thanks!

Mmmhhh... I think the same than eriqjaffe. I worked the fonts for free and other is making money with part of my labor. :therock:

Maybe if you credit me in your work, I would be satisfied with it.

eriqjaffe, thanks, thanks! I couldn't make them without your help about the options of the Fontographer!

That font (Pointedly Mad) looks a lot like the 49errs wordmark font. I'm pretty sure IronChefShark and puckguy14 agree with me on that.

That font (Pointedly Mad) looks a lot like the 49errs wordmark font. I'm pretty sure IronChefShark and puckguy14 agree with me on that.

Ah, very true. It does look like the 49ers. Since I've only made baseball and hockey projects up until this point I never made the connection.

JeffB

Thanks very much for the "Pointedly Mad"!

That is nice, not so much "Red Sox flavor" but can be used as an unmistakable baseball font for jerseys, caps and logos.

Now, when I have more time, I'll start with a SF Giants-alike font. Stay tuned! :D