Contest Anyone?

Snowcap30

#1 - Do we want to specify "home" jerseys as either light or dark or do we want to let the designer do whatever they want?  #2 - Should their be a limit on how many designs a person can submit?

#1) i say we just let the designer do what they want that makes it less complicated :;):

#2) i think the limit should be 3 designs, because then you end up with too many to pick from. seeing 5 or more similar designs from the same designer can get boring.

P.S i also think that instead of specifying home away or alternate just limit it to team. then let the designer label thier design one of the 3 choices in the comments part...and allowing 3 submissions allows at least one of each type.

what do you think?  ???

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it'd be more interesting if each contest were to design home AND away (and possible alternate(s)) and submit them as one entry.

And, re: BMPs... AMEN!

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I really want to get in on this.  I sent in my Ducks jerseys to the contest on the other board.  Is this the same contest?  BTW, I can't get to detroithockey.net  It says I have to download something, so I click okay, then it doesn't download and I'm left staring at a blank screen.  ARRGH.

Sabres7200:

What does it say you have to download?  I don't use any client-side stuff so it shouldn't appear different for different visitors, meaning there should be no way only one person has a problem.

SyPhi:

I could force the "right" graphic in but you'd have lost on out voting up to this point, let me know if you want me to do that.

General:

I'm still working on parts of the site so that each user can have better control over these kind of things, time that I meant to spend on this site got diverted to other things.

i have a good idea for a rule: how about all designs must be in color schemes that are being currently used by each team! Meaning: no blue and yellow sabres jerseys or violet and yellow kings jerseys!!!  :D

SharkHatesBrown ducks the rotten tomatoes being thrown at him

*sniff, sniff*

Shark, man, go hose off...............

I think the designers should be able to use any design element they choose.

Diffrent logo, diffrent colors, it dosn't matter. It's all about creativity.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

well maybe its just me then. Im sorry, but Im just tired of seeing all these current logos in older colors just for nostalgia's sake. Frankly, if I see one more team sweden looking sabres jersey or violet/yellow LA jersey Im gonna vomit. Some say its nostalgia, I see it as living in the past. If a look is truly timeless then it will not change at all or very little. see redwings, habs, leafs, flyers (to an extent) and blues (again, to an extent)

If the violet/yellow kings were so beloved, wouldnt have there been an islander fisherman-esque revolt preserving the look?

well the designers are gonna do whatever they do, just like Im gonna do whatever I do. when the voting comes down though dont expect high marks from me in regards to those "nostalgia" designs.

YzerFan19:

If you could do that, go ahead... it's not a jersey anyway, so it probably doesn't have any votes...

however is there some way you could check? If it has one or two, just make a note, and then force the new graphic in, and add those one or two on at the end.

Thanks a ton!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Re; Older colours.

Sometimes, it's just time to go back to what was good.  For the Sabres, it's blue and gold.  For the Kings, on the other hand, I think the currently black/purple/silver works pretty nicely.

It varies on the team.  It seems that a lot of Sabres fans would like to see them go back to their roots.  I know that Blues fans were quite happy to see the Blues ditch the diagonal-striped jerseys (especially the bloody blue/red disaster) and move towards a look that definitely draws from the Blues' more distant past.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

What's to stop people from voting over and over again for themselves?  Is there a way to set it up so that each person can only vote once?

Who said that wasn't in place already?   :D

There's some stuff that makes it so you can only vote once, but it can be defeated so I won't go into detail.

Shark...bubby...booby......sometimes classic jerseys are changed not because they aren't timeless, but because owners are stupid.

The kings jersey never should have been changed. Same with the sabres. But ownerse either buy old teams and want to make their mark, their stamp to say "this is my team now", or they are talked into changing a logo and uniform because of the "Marketing opportunity".

The Kings and Sabres should still be wearingtheir uniforms, butthey aren't, because of greed and stupidity. And it's not living in the past, it's paying homage to the teams gone by. Do you think the French Connection would ever wear the uniforms the Sabres got now? Seeing Marcel Dionne in silver and black? ugh...........

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Shark...(this crap deleted)......sometimes classic jerseys are changed not because they aren't timeless, but because owners are stupid.

The kings jersey never should have been changed. Same with the sabres. But ownerse either buy old teams and want to make their mark, their stamp to say "this is my team now", or they are talked into changing a logo and uniform because of the "Marketing opportunity".

The Kings and Sabres should still be wearingtheir uniforms, butthey aren't, because of greed and stupidity. And it's not living in the past, it's paying homage to the teams gone by. Do you think the French Connection would ever wear the uniforms the Sabres got now? Seeing Marcel Dionne in silver and black? ugh...........

and my point is this: if those old uniforms were so great, and if the new looks were so frowned upon, why wasnt there a fan revolt preserving the old looks? Obviously the fans in buffalo dont hate the black, red, and silver enough to revolt and demand the team sweden unis back because obviously its been there for several years now. Now I know new ownership is talking about bringing back those colors in some way, but still if the current unis were so hated why are the sabres still wearing them? Just look at the Islanders. Gortons fisherman didnt even make it through a second season! Obviously the fans spoke up on that bad look and the original, somewhat refreshed look was brought back.

Archived