Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JamesCraven

Are You Happy Now?

68 posts in this topic

By the way, dude, you're not only the world's biggest Erika Ebbel fan, you've also got the biggest sig I've ever seen. (She is pretty hot, though, so I can let it slide.)

Miss Massachusetts 2004. She goes to MIT? Yikes!

I agree that the Craven War needs to stop.

But the root of it is one part the "common enemy" phenomenon and several parts your rather annoying personality.

Should you desire to continue here as an active poster, perhaps you would consider eliminating a few of your less desirable characteristics, such as:

- Condescending when you find yourself in a position of power. (Some of your critiques, and the use of the word "n00bs".)

- Use of phrases that you seem to think are catchy and your 'trademarks', but are really just quite annoying when used in such excess at every possible opportunity. (BBS&S, send this 6 feet under, coming down main street horns blaring, the $#!+ list, etc, etc.)

- Your attempts to tell the mods and admins how to run the boards. (You have a right to report posts that offend you, but when I receive up to 3 reports a day from the same person, I begin to ignore them, especially when I deem some to be very marginally offensive. Also, telling JQK that he's going to find himself on the "Banned List" is not your place.)

There's been other times that members who've aroused the ire of the community have been able to become welcome, contributing members once more. Often that involves assuming a lower profile for a while, and taking a different approach to the way you post. Hopefully you too will choose to take that path.

But the root of it is one part the "common enemy" phenomenon and several parts your rather annoying personality.

Should you desire to continue here as an active poster, perhaps you would consider eliminating a few of your less desirable characteristics, such as:

- Condescending when you find yourself in a position of power. (Some of your critiques, and the use of the word "n00bs".)

- Use of phrases that you seem to think are catchy and your 'trademarks', but are really just quite annoying when used in such excess at every possible opportunity. (BBS&S, send this 6 feet under, coming down main street horns blaring, the $#!+ list, etc, etc.)

- Your attempts to tell the mods and admins how to run the boards. (You have a right to report posts that offend you, but when I receive up to 3 reports a day from the same person, I begin to ignore them, especially when I deem some to be very marginally offensive. Also, telling JQK that he's going to find himself on the "Banned List" is not your place.)

There's been other times that members who've aroused the ire of the community have been able to become welcome, contributing members once more. Often that involves assuming a lower profile for a while, and taking a different approach to the way you post. Hopefully you too will choose to take that path.

I agree with SyPhi... Craven you need to avoid some of these mannerisms, the ones that are clearly setting people off against you.

And to the group of people who feel the need to start problems everytime one of these mannerisms rear their heads, please abstain from doing so. Simply ignore it and act like an adult.

I am not tolerating any more of this behaviour.

I live with my mom...[and]...I dress up in "cosplay" as a Pokemon character (hell, adults like Pokemon, too)

Did he really say that out loud? :blink:

By the way, what is BBS&S anyway?

Does it have anything to do with the bunny and the pancakes? :rolleyes:

1 person likes this

I agree with SyPhi... Craven you need to avoid some of these mannerisms, the ones that are clearly setting people off against you.

And to the group of people who feel the need to start problems everytime one of these mannerisms rear their heads, please abstain from doing so. Simply ignore it and act like an adult.

I am not tolerating any more of this behaviour.

I understand that, but how many times before have we told him to stop with this crap, and he never listens.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

I think that the operative points of Chris' message were:

* Craven should avoid the mannerisms that are clearly setting people off against him.

* Everyone else should simply ignore the mannerisms that set them off.

Telling Craven to stop isn't up to any of us, as Chris has now told him. So, if James continues to engage in behavior that Chris deems as being likely to provoke everyone else... well, he runs the risk of being disciplined. If the rest of us fail to ignore Craven's mannerisms and exacerbate the problem by taking matters into our own hands... well, we run the risk of being disciplined.

It seems pretty straight-forward. Is that about what you were driving at, Chris?

you guys might find him annoying and whatnot, but have you BEEN to other boards lately? some are so uninhabitable because of trolls it's ridiculous. so he throws out some cliched humor now and then...be thankful he doesn't attack everyone and talk crap. he's passive-aggressive, at his worst. if you find him annoying, nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing you to read his posts.

That brings up another point...

If Craven is so damn annoying, why does anyone actually LISTEN to him, and moreso, take what he says seriously?

If there's one thing I've learned from running my own board (and shutting down recently due to lack of activity), it's that you and your members have to distance yourself from what's been posted.

If he flames you, so what? The mods are gonna notice.

If he annoys you, who cares? Skip his posts.

you guys might find him annoying and whatnot, but have you BEEN to other boards lately? some are so uninhabitable because of trolls it's ridiculous. so he throws out some cliched humor now and then...be thankful he doesn't attack everyone and talk crap. he's passive-aggressive, at his worst. if you find him annoying, nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing you to read his posts.

We don't run this board relative to other boards. We run it relative to what we want... a community where people may disagree, but respect each other and generally have a good time.

Passive-aggressive or not, the way I see it his mannerisms and actions were one half of the equation that started this snowball rolling, the other half being members who, as a way of keeping this place the way they want it, provoked James, presumably to persuade him to leave or reform.

Ideally we would ignore people that annoy us. However, realistically, given enough time someone's going to respond. I think a lot of people here read most everything that goes on in threads that interest them. After a while, you tire of ignoring someone. Maybe someday there'll be an ignore feature that helps us do so, but in the present state of being, I think to expect people to ignore annoyances indefinitely is unfortunately unrealistic, and not a viable option when it comes to actually running the community.

It seems pretty straight-forward. Is that about what you were driving at, Chris?

Yes pretty much!

Yes pretty much!

So...if we think Craven does any of these things, we report him and he's gone?

So...if we think Craven does any of these things, we report him and he's gone?

I think we just sit back and let Chris run the CCSLB as he sees fit. I don't think Chris necessarily needs anyone to "report" things to him. To the best of my knowledge we're not talking about something akin to annoying PMs (i.e. something that Chris wouldn't be aware of unless brought to his attention). Chris is more than capable of being aware of public behavior that he deems worthy of discipline.

As for members "keeping this place the way they want it"... hey, I'm sure that we all want it "kept" a certain "way". However, at the end of the day it doesn't matter how we want it kept, it matters how Chris wants it kept. The way he wants it kept may not necessarily always gibe with the desires of CCSLB members, and we've got to face that fact.

Actually I'm not happy! Lol just kiddin, I think it would be nice to have different skins that a user could select for the boards. The double blue is cool,but each user could use what they want and spice it up. As for Craven, I know ive been an ass of that subject and Im sorry. A lot of what I have said about or to him was in a joking matter, as I can be a complete smartass at times.

Apology accepted, josh. Name crossed off the list.

[And I will now retire that remark about said list. For good!]

This is slowly turning into a mess of a situation...

I disagree Braden. I'm hoping that we've turned a corner, and that we're at last on the way to putting this contentious chapter in CCSLB history behind us? One can only hope.

Maybe it's the time of year, but I can't shake the image of all of us rendered as Charlie Brown-type cartoons, singing in unison like the Peanuts gang did at the end of A Charlie Brown Christmas. :D

Christmas and Chanukah and Kwanzaa time is here...

Happiness and cheer...

Fun for all...

Chris Creamer calls

Us all to gather near...

Thank what you might call God that I'm not apart of that picture.

Anyway, I always seem to get the urge to chime in, and then I notice someone else already did..so..I'm agreeing with a few people here..it's gettin old..

Let..Craven..Go.

Good times. Goooooooood times.

It was the strangest thing--I was only vaguely aware of James Craven, then it's like I opened up the board one day and BAM--he was public enemy #1. I don't know how it started and I don't want to know.

This is as close as I have ever gotten to getting involved in a "fued" (Craven, MoJoTo, whoever). It just seems strange that a board like this about sports logos would have this happen. The only other board I am on is for my favorite band, Pearl Jam. They dedicated a section to politics and there are no fueds like this.

Anyway, I hope Craven and the rest of us can adhere to the above advice. I hope everyone can treat him as a new member and give him a shot (and I hope he does not try to get under our skin). This thing is getting old.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0