Sign in to follow this  
JamesCraven

Are You Happy Now?

Waffles    186
This is as close as I have ever gotten to getting involved in a "fued" (Craven, MoJoTo, whoever).  It just seems strange that a board like this about sports logos would have this happen.  The only other board I am on is for my favorite band, Pearl Jam.  They dedicated a section to politics and there are no fueds like this.

How many political disagreements could there be on a Pearl Jam board?

"I'm further left than you!"

"No, I am!"

:D

OnWis97    2,309
This is as close as I have ever gotten to getting involved in a "fued" (Craven, MoJoTo, whoever).  It just seems strange that a board like this about sports logos would have this happen.  The only other board I am on is for my favorite band, Pearl Jam.  They dedicated a section to politics and there are no fueds like this.

How many political disagreements could there be on a Pearl Jam board?

"I'm further left than you!"

"No, I am!"

:D

Actually, it is at least a third conservative. It gets pretty heated, but there are no people singled out on the entire board as there are here.

Waffles    186
Actually, it is at least a third conservative. It gets pretty heated, but there are no people singled out on the entire board as there are here.

No kidding?

I gotta hand it to them then...I'd have a hard time listening to such an overtly political band like Pearl Jam if I wasn't on their end of the spectrum, as much as they rule.

Pearl Jam rules.

sc49erfan15    897

I don't know a whole lot about Pearl Jam, but are they overly liberal or something? I ask because there's this extreme right-wing conservative guy I know and he phuquing loves them. Just curious.

Dude. I just replied to a thread in the Graveyard.

Waffles    186
I don't know a whole lot about Pearl Jam, but are they overly liberal or something? I ask because there's this extreme right-wing conservative guy I know and he phuquing loves them. Just curious.

They've been pretty vocally liberal...they were on the Vote for Change tour, and they had a bunch of anti-Bush songs on their last album.

sc49erfan15    897

They've been pretty vocally liberal...they were on the Vote for Change tour, and they had a bunch of anti-Bush songs on their last album.

Interesting to say the least, said conservative guy I know was very pro-Bush, yet loves Pearl Jam. Always found a way to bring Pearl Jam into political discussions and politics into any other type of discussion.

He once tried to convince the class that the lead singer of Pearl Jam is responsible for the way politics are today. I zoned out during that one.

Maybe he realizes the contradiction..or maybe not. He's not the brightest cookie in the crayon jar.

OnWis97    2,309

He should check out the song Bu$hleaguer on Riot Act. Pearl Jam has a history of making left wing statemetns. Most of their songs are not political (like Rage Against the Machine or someone), but some are. You can always count on Eddie Vedder to say something political at a show.

However, the other things you can count on is Pearl Jam to continue to stay true to themselves in their song writing, to continue to put out good albums without worry of maintstream acceptance and to play very energetic, long shows with a different set list every night (last summer I saw them three times in a a period of nine days otuside of Boston. They played 94 different songs over thsoe three shows. Only one was repeated). I think that's why some conservatives like them. They are just a class act band. Some admit to getting tired of the left-leaning, though many respect it.

I really don't know how your conservative buddy brings Pearl Jam in to help his arguments, though. Seems weird.

Waffles    186
He should check out the song Bu$hleaguer on Riot Act. Pearl Jam has a history of making left wing statemetns. Most of their songs are not political (like Rage Against the Machine or someone), but some are. You can always count on Eddie Vedder to say something political at a show.

However, the other things you can count on is Pearl Jam to continue to stay true to themselves in their song writing, to continue to put out good albums without worry of maintstream acceptance and to play very energetic, long shows with a different set list every night (last summer I saw them three times in a a period of nine days otuside of Boston. They played 94 different songs over thsoe three shows. Only one was repeated). I think that's why some conservatives like them. They are just a class act band. Some admit to getting tired of the left-leaning, though many respect it.

I really don't know how your conservative buddy brings Pearl Jam in to help his arguments, though. Seems weird.

How do people on the board you're on reconsile their political differences with the band they love?

Sign in to follow this