Sign in to follow this  
P.I.L.L.

(INDEPENDENT) DC baseball LOGOS...

Hello... I'm a free lance artist, from No. Virginia. For the past year or so, I've been successfully marketing my (independent) logos for Washington's baseball team, as well as completing other MLB concepts, 2 of which are in the process of licensing... Recently, New Era Cap Co. formally presented some of my Washington logos to MLB. However, they decided to go w/ the recycled curvy W instead.

As noted by many, the new owners could very well change, or add to the logos. Regardless, I'm working w/ a local distributor for volume distribution as "independent" DC baseball logos. Although some conservative cynics in the Nats site have bashed these logos, I've gotten a tremendously positive feedback from many fans, and media alike.

The one on TOP is a brand new concept, which is becoming a favorite, and most ideal for the Nationals. Please, feel free to give your objective feedback on all my designs.

Washingtonlogo.com

the others ...

my other "pro logo" concepts

thanks! ~ but which Tshirt ?

Honestly, none of them really do it for me... I'd say that your hat logo (N/W with an eagle head) is fairly clever, but I like the actually identity better, save for the throwback "W" that they'll be using on the hats.

Good job, nonetheless, and congrats on getting your work presented.

thanks! ~ but which Tshirt ?

Oh, sorry! I meant the blue and black t-shirts where the dome incorporates a baseball with the red swoosh on its seams. It doesn't say "Nationals" but I think it is very innovative and original yet without being coverly complicated the way many logos are today. Very easy on my eyes!

LT

Re: the WN-Eagle logo: Maybe add a little neck/separation between the top of the N and the eagle... it looks a little like the eagle's drowning into the 'N'.

Great job in getting exposure, although I don't hate what they went with. Sure it looks like Fuddruckers, but then again, how many teams use the Dodgers' style script.

I could slightly separate the eagle head from the N... but I think it would start getting too detailed or busy, no? Perhaps you could show me the best way to do that ? I would genuinely appreciate it.

but then again, how many teams use the Dodgers' style script?

LA, Kansas City, Baltimore, Oakland, Atlanta, St. Louis, and then Milwaukee, Houston, and Cleveland with different styles of the script.

(just showing the actual numbers)

The t-shirt logo, the man with the tie, that looks like a clip art image i used to use a lot in presentations... not accusing, but was that inspiration for this logo?

funny, indeed... I bought the rights, and remodeled the batter guy. The others are COMPLETELY my own.

funny, indeed... I bought the rights, and remodeled the batter guy. The others are COMPLETELY my own.

Hey cool... I knew those hours of staring at clipart would result in some sort of purpose one day in my life :)

happy to give you "purpose" !

seriously, you've done some great work... was looking at your portfolio.

~C

I could slightly separate the eagle head from the N... but I think it would start getting too detailed or busy, no? Perhaps you could show me the best way to do that ? I would genuinely appreciate it.

Washington-Nationals.gif

Something like this

they definately aren't bad, but i don't like the hat logo... i like the fact that there's an N inside the W, but overall, it just doesn't do much for me.

it's clever... i'll give it that :) i just don't really love the execution of it.

and i still don't see enough fuddruckers resemblence to warrant all this talking everyone's doing about it.

how come no one is complaining that the blue jays use the doritos font? :)

seems most are into the concept of the W/N with (subtle) eagle head ... yet some have said the execution is not quite right... Even though I'm happy w/ the work, I almost always think something can be better. So, if you think you can make this logo better... go ahead. I'm sincere in saying I will compensate anyone who's ideas are implemented, when and if the logo is official.

~C

The team will have to be there for more than one season... :D ... man what a mess that is...lol...

but as for your work pretty sharp... love the capitol logo.... very sweet

it's all POLITICS ... the potential owners of the Nationals are BILLIONAIRES; shrewd, ruthless business people, and if they have to, will throw their coins in the bucket to build the baseball stadium.

As far as your view of my work, thanks...

seems most are into the concept of the  W/N with  (subtle) eagle head ... yet some have said the execution is not quite right...  Even though I'm happy w/ the work, I almost always think something can be better.  So, if you think you can make this logo better... go ahead.  I'm sincere in saying I will compensate anyone who's ideas are implemented, whether the logo is chosen as official or not.

~C

A couple of ideas on the W to isolate the eagle head a little bit. Not any better then what you have IMO but just a little different.

LT

W.jpg

I'm definitely considering your edit on the left... perhaps not separating the right side of the N though... Thanks.

~C