Sign in to follow this  
P.I.L.L.

(INDEPENDENT) DC baseball LOGOS...

Some of the stuff looks good...but I am not feel'n it... Does not have the feel of a baseball team. More like a deliver company logo...sorry thats what I get from the designs.

I'm definitely considering your edit on the left... perhaps not separating the right side of the N though...  Thanks.

~C

Thanks, Prologo. I think you are right. The left version with the right side of the N joined, or to look at it another way - the other logo but just without the red gradient :P

LT

W.jpg

I love that one on the right, without the gradiant... not only does it have the hidden symbolism (I did not see the 'N' the first time... I love it!) but it also pays a silent homage to the Montreal Expos!

as Samuel L. Jackson said (in Pulp Fiction) ... "exactamundo" I'll be looking at it over the next few days, to see if it has permanence.

Thanks Chris... I've taken a beating by some people in the past couple of weeks w/ these, but I KNOW this one's just right for the Washington Nationals; W/N , eagle; the (NATIONAL(s) bird, and the homage to the Expos logo w/ same RWB color pattern... all blended together w/o being busy.

traditional, yet cutting edge.

ltravisjr, thanks for your contribution... I've not made up my mind 100% yet, but if I implement the edit, and the logo ends up official, you'll get a nice kickback.

~C

The W/N thing has been done before and in a big way - Northwest Airlines.

thats why it looked familiar

not like this, with a multicolored W/N and eagle.

want an example of a redundant concept? the overlaying of the N & Y for Yankees and The Mets. The Mets need to go w/ an M, like the one I've done (link is at the top of this thread)

ltravisjr, thanks for your contribution... I've not made up my mind 100% yet, but if I implement the edit, and the logo ends up official, you'll get a nice kickback.

~C

My pleasure. Whether or not you end up going with this version, it's just cool to have some of my input considered.

Thx,

LT

I implemented the edit, and updated the site w/ a couple more cap colors...

Washingtonlogo.com

you wanna listen to joe, he knows what he is talkin about.

Joe Bosack Graphic Design

and btw, Northwest Airlines doesn't even use that N/W logo anymore, at least not on their planes or primary material.

Not crazy about the baseball / capitol building with the red swerve at the bottom.

It reminds me too much of either Pepsi or Colgate Toothpaste.

I like the "W" on the Caps... even if for some reason it reminds me of the Post Office.

Definitely like the "W" with the baseball and capitol building although it is hard to see if it is a "W" or 2 "V"'s

Either way... great job!

I could slightly separate the eagle head from the N...  but I think it would start getting too detailed or busy, no?  Perhaps you could show me the best way to do that ? I would genuinely appreciate it.

Washington-Nationals.gif

Something like this

Any thoughts on this...?

I tried to make the eagle a little more proportionate with respect to the rest of the logo...

Syphi,

ltravisjr's minor edit earlier helped me to finalize the logo, as it didn't need anything drastic. The main focus needs to be the W/N... it gets lost w/ the overemphasized head! Anyway, I thank you for your attempt !

~C

Oh Snap....

I just realized that was a "W/N".

Honestly.... leave it how it is.. It is perfect.

it's kind of one of those cool things that you dont see it till you see it... and once you see you, you can never look at without seeing it..

Kind of like the old Milwaukee Brewers M/B Glove Logo

Or the Arrow in the FED EX Logo.

am i the only one that thinks this isn't very good.

i'm sorry, but the eagle head on the W just smacks of obviousness to me. the multi colored W to the N looks, i don't know....not very good.

i'd suggest using a different typeface for the W, something less Times New Roman-ish.

i'd suggest not using a gradient whatsoever.

i'd suggest stylizing the W a bit more.

and i'd be very VERY surprised if these are getting any actual consideration, since a logoset has already been released.

if that's too harsh, i'm sorry.

but, as a designer, i get harsh feedback all the time.

i just had to finally put my two cents in on this one.

Honestly, none of them really do it for me... I'd say that your hat logo (N/W with an eagle head) is fairly clever, but I like the actually identity better, save for the throwback "W" that they'll be using on the hats.

Good job, nonetheless, and congrats on getting your work presented.

This is almost EXACTLY what I proposed (the "N" being formed out of the "W") some time ago, and everyone pissed on the idea at the time. :cursing: But I digress...

This is outstanding work. Almost identical to the way I envisioned (hoped) MLB would go. While the actual design has merit, this one would've also likely been welcomed by this (sometimes fickle as hell) community.