Sign in to follow this  
P.I.L.L.

(INDEPENDENT) DC baseball LOGOS...

NatsFan2004    16

I'll even send you a complimentary official cap if you give me your home address~ or is that an invasion of your privacy?

Sorry, don't want it. I really wouldn't be caught in public wearing your merchandise.

You know, David Catania made probably the only good point he'll ever make in his entire DC political career this week...I can say my cat is a fish, or a train, or a house...but at the end of the day, my cat is not a fish, nor a train, nor a house. My cat is a cat.

Similarly, I can say that I'm the King of England. My saying so, however, does not make it so. You could rightfully challenge me to produce evidence that I'm the King of England, or I would have to simply shut my mouth.

Perhaps you can see where I am going with this.

P.I.L.L.    4

interesting analogy... conversely, I can say your opinion of my work matters, but at the end of the day, it's not a house, or a cat, or a fish... it's a MINORITY viewpoint, which I could care less about... since, I've already established things w/ people in power, who's opinions ARE entirely relevant, and positive of my work... not to mention (expert) artists on here, who's opinions of yours vary 100% opposite. Do yourself a favor, go back to bpg or wherever, w/ your chatterbuddies, and say whatever you want about me and my "ugly" designs.

~C

Phil    1

...and relevant thread discussion (such as this post) is lost in a rather "intriguing" exchange between two new members with a history. <_<

To end it off, it would be cool to see some confirmation of your work being licensed. Nobody in the Baltimore Orioles front office is a member of the CIA or in witness protection. There's no real reason I can see you can't give us a name who you spoke with.

As for NatsFan2004, perhaps a less direct, more open message to the entire forum enlightening us to your apparent background knowledge of the situation would be more effective in exposing any discrepancy in Prologo's assertions.

Enough of the back-and-forth stuff.

NatsFan2004    16

As for NatsFan2004, perhaps a less direct, more open message to the entire forum enlightening us to your apparent background knowledge of the situation would be more effective in exposing any discrepancy in Prologo's assertions.

I'd be happy to oblige.

Christos has decided to spam several boards with a link to his web site and rather arrogant claims that his logos are the best ever created, and that all Washington Nationals fans should bow before him, as it is inevitable that his designs will be chosen as official logos for the Nationals, as well as the other teams he has put together "work" for.

He chose to denigrate the work of Nationals logo designer Todd Radom as "clip art", yet has admitted on this very forum to using clip art himself as a basis for his logo designs. When challenged on this hypocrisy, particularly in light of the fact that Mr. Radom is a successful graphic designer who has worked for MLB, the NFL and several individual teams, he chose to take an intellectual powder.

Now he has claimed on this board and two others that he is in the process of licensing his designs to Major League teams, yet steadfastly refuses to provide any proof of this when challenged.

It seems to me that Mr. Joannou should either prove that he is what he says he is, or stop spamming DC baseball boards in the hopes that someone will pay attention to him and hand him their hard-earned money. Or, at the very least, learn a little humility and avoid insulting professionals with more experience and talent than he could even possibly conceive.

Bill813    0
...and relevant thread discussion (such as this post) is lost in a rather "intriguing" exchange between two new members with a history. <_<

To end it off, it would be cool to see some confirmation of your work being licensed. Nobody in the Baltimore Orioles front office is a member of the CIA or in witness protection. There's no real reason I can see you can't give us a name who you spoke with.

Enough of the back-and-forth stuff.

You are right about the Capitals logo, it does look like it came from a clipart program. CorelDraw?

The man behind this board, Chris Creamer would have the sources in the know of a new Orioles logo in the works. Chris, politely, said he hadn't heard of any story such as the one that "Prologo" is purporting to be true.

Why not give just one name on the Orioles?

Mings    577

The problem with that Orioles logo is that it looks best for a t-shirt at best. You know how they have an design based off of the teams logo, but isnt the actual logo, and made to pop out on a tshirt that teams sell. As far as the rest of the logos, they are ok, but they are nothing great. SyPhis mod of the Nationals logo was really good, but yours, not so great. Todd's Nationals logo is great for the amount of time he had. Im not trying to be an ass here, and if you want you can visit my site and rip on all of my logos if you so please, but just remember, opinions are like :censored:s, everyone has one.

Another thing about the Orioles. It is kind of wierd that you don't offer any proof and that PANTONE or CC don't even have insde knowledge about it. Not saying you are lying, but you are opening yourself to that accusation, just like if I were to say "Hey guess what everyone? I'm doing new logos for the Indianapolis Colts!".

Cuss16    0

Please don't take this personally, you have some nice work, but I cannnot imagine and from a sports fan perspective, hope that none of these logos will replace the professional ones thy have now. You have nice talents but you still need a lot of work to make those logos better than the professionals.

Just my 2-cents and yes, it is probably as worthless as 2 cents.

P.I.L.L.    4
The problem with that Orioles logo is that it looks best for a t-shirt at best. You know how they have an design based off of the teams logo, but isnt the actual logo, and made to pop out on a tshirt that teams sell. As far as the rest of the logos, they are ok, but they are nothing great. SyPhis mod of the Nationals logo was really good, but yours, not so great. Todd's Nationals logo is great for the amount of time he had. Im not trying to be an ass here, and if you want you can visit my site and rip on all of my logos if you so please, but just remember, opinions are like :censored:s, everyone has one.

Another thing about the Orioles. It is kind of wierd that you don't offer any proof and that PANTONE or CC don't even have insde knowledge about it. Not saying you are lying, but you are opening yourself to that accusation, just like if I were to say "Hey guess what everyone? I'm doing new logos for the Indianapolis Colts!".

I hear ya... and I understand the doubting perspective. The reason you've not seen anything about it, is because it's not been decided upon YET. It IS however, under serious consideration (as an alternate) by people (who I WILL NOT NAME until I have a deal) ... as it would be UNPROFESSIONAL and possibly jeopardizing to my position do so...

yeah, I know I said it was "pretty much a done deal" in an earlier post, but I NEVER SAID it was "official" YET. I said "it's in the works, as far as licensing" ...

anywayyyy, I will definitely refrain from making any premature "press releases" from now on !

~C

NatsFan2004    16

I'll ask this over here, to save you the troll...er, trip...over to the BPG board:

"Here's a couple of simple questions for you, then, which you should know if you're truly in negotiations with the Orioles: Who's the head of the marketing department? And who, ultimately, handles the selection of logos and uniform designs for the team?"

P.I.L.L.    4

I think it's Spiro Alafassos ? Perhaps John AngelO's handles those decisions... they haven't told me who, and how it would be handled... They're GREEK, like me... mysterious ;~)

Mings    577

you two bitch more that United Waffles when Steve-O is branding him.

NatsFan2004    16

I think it's Spiro Alafassos ? Perhaps John AngelO's handles those decisions... they haven't told me who, and how it would be handled... They're GREEK, like me... mysterious ;~)

Odd how you're wrong on both counts, Christos. Oops.

Waffles    186

It's pretty hard to bitch when you've got a ball gag in your mouth...

P.I.L.L.    4
Odd how you're wrong on both counts, Christos. Oops.

am I ? ;~) guess time WILL tell, won't it.

~C

JQK    598

It's pretty hard to bitch when you've got a ball gag in your mouth...

tell me about it....

Mings    577

You know, there is this old saying. Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still a retard (I know thats kinda mean, but thats how it goes. Mods if you need to feel free to edit)

NatsFan2004    16

am I ? ;~) guess time WILL tell, won't it.

Time will tell? Actually, I don't think any time is needed at all to tell that you don't even know who you're supposedly dealing with.

Looks like someone's been exposed.

JQK    598

See, Chris! I don't start ALL the fights on the board.... :)

CC97    82
See, Chris! I don't start ALL the fights on the board.... :)

Yeah, but I'm still gonna punish you for this one... for traditions sake :P

I should make some things clear...

1) Prologo isn't totally spamming here, he e-mailed me about a week and a half ago and I suggested he post his designs on my board.

2) A ball gag in the mouth? Some more 'behind-my-back' shots taking place elsewhere, I suppose.

3) Stop the arguing you two, I think we have enough of the picture.

BTW, I'm still waiting for those transparent Bobcats uniforms

Waffles    186
2) A ball gag in the mouth? Some more 'behind-my-back' shots taking place elsewhere, I suppose.

Oh, no, no, no...no shots being taken here. Twas simply a reference to my being Steve-O's manservant.