Detroit Tigers Concept

AAO

Ok, so i went with a totally new tiger head. whats funny is i did the tiger head in paint at my aunts last night, and didnt even intend for it to be for my Detroit redesign. Then, i brought it into illustrator when i got home, and vectorized it, and this came out. I kept the Old English D with a few mods, and added the tiger stripes in it. I decided that i wouldnt add much striping or anything to the uniforms because i think the colors and especially the wordmarks and the custom number font do more than enough for them:

DetroitTigersRedesign.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far, this is my favorite one of yours. The tiger head looks very nice, but the uneven striping makes it look like either makeup from CATS the musical or Mike Tyson's tattoo. I love the font you used for Detroit and Tigers. Very nicely done!

wicked looking tiger, just needs some indication of pupils imHo... the D is tough as well, and actually gives off a mesmerizing 3-D effect if you stare at it for a bit, however, I think the spacing within the D needs some room to breath and a slight portion shaved off of the middle outside shape jutting out of the left part of the D~ as I started to see that as a curved "nose" to a profile of a devil face (horn on top, protruding chin on bottom) although that'd be PERFECT "D" format for an alternate NJ Devils logo... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ok, so i went with a totally new tiger head. whats funny is i did the tiger head in paint at my aunts last night, and didnt even intend for it to be for my Detroit redesign. Then, i brought it into illustrator when i got home, and vectorized it, and this came out. I kept the Old English D with a few mods, and added the tiger stripes in it. I decided that i wouldnt add much striping or anything to the uniforms because i think the colors and especially the wordmarks and the custom number font do more than enough for them:

DetroitTigersRedesign.gif

That is tight! That is so awsome! :notworthy:

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

not to be redundant... just when I look at the left side of it, it clearly resembles a side profile of a face, w/ horn on top, nose in the middle, and jutting chin on bottom. If it were MINE, I would slightly chang the angle of the "horn"(top)and move the "nose" in just a tad.

otherwise, the design is very cool... and btw, thanks for the (inadvertant) inspiration

Really doesn't look like a tiger AAO. I like old english D though.

Funny, I was just thinking that. It looks more like a lynx or bobcat (hey, that would make a really nice Charlotte Bobcat logo).

Overall, I really like the look. I'm usually a traditionalist, but these have a good overall look.

oh yea and the reason i unintentionally skipped the rockies was because i was at my aunts just messing around in paint and made the tiger head, and when i got home i vectorized it, and it led to me doing the tigers before the rockies. don't worry the rockies are next up though.

Archived