Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AAO

Detroit Tigers Concept

55 posts in this topic

Ok, so i went with a totally new tiger head. whats funny is i did the tiger head in paint at my aunts last night, and didnt even intend for it to be for my Detroit redesign. Then, i brought it into illustrator when i got home, and vectorized it, and this came out. I kept the Old English D with a few mods, and added the tiger stripes in it. I decided that i wouldnt add much striping or anything to the uniforms because i think the colors and especially the wordmarks and the custom number font do more than enough for them:

DetroitTigersRedesign.gif

oops ignore the virtuoso symbol between the legs of the home unis...

damnit..and i meant to make the brim on the orange alts navy blue

So far, this is my favorite one of yours. The tiger head looks very nice, but the uneven striping makes it look like either makeup from CATS the musical or Mike Tyson's tattoo. I love the font you used for Detroit and Tigers. Very nicely done!

wicked looking tiger, just needs some indication of pupils imHo... the D is tough as well, and actually gives off a mesmerizing 3-D effect if you stare at it for a bit, however, I think the spacing within the D needs some room to breath and a slight portion shaved off of the middle outside shape jutting out of the left part of the D~ as I started to see that as a curved "nose" to a profile of a devil face (horn on top, protruding chin on bottom) although that'd be PERFECT "D" format for an alternate NJ Devils logo... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

thanks guys

but i see no connection with a devil/devils in any way shape or form

Ok, so i went with a totally new tiger head. whats funny is i did the tiger head in paint at my aunts last night, and didnt even intend for it to be for my Detroit redesign. Then, i brought it into illustrator when i got home, and vectorized it, and this came out. I kept the Old English D with a few mods, and added the tiger stripes in it. I decided that i wouldnt add much striping or anything to the uniforms because i think the colors and especially the wordmarks and the custom number font do more than enough for them:

DetroitTigersRedesign.gif

That is tight! That is so awsome! :notworthy:

thanks guys

but i see no connection with a devil/devils in any way shape or form

neiter do I

not to be redundant... just when I look at the left side of it, it clearly resembles a side profile of a face, w/ horn on top, nose in the middle, and jutting chin on bottom. If it were MINE, I would slightly chang the angle of the "horn"(top)and move the "nose" in just a tad.

otherwise, the design is very cool... and btw, thanks for the (inadvertant) inspiration

i can't wait to see the Blue Jays re-design now!

Absolutely my favorite one yet. I think it is because you used a totally different font this time. Keep up the great work. That tiger is awesome!!

i'd take the home jersey and put the Old English D on it, other wise :notworthy:

but just curious, where is the Colorado Rockies Concept, did you skip it?

Really doesn't look like a tiger AAO. I like old english D though.

Funny, I was just thinking that. It looks more like a lynx or bobcat (hey, that would make a really nice Charlotte Bobcat logo).

Overall, I really like the look. I'm usually a traditionalist, but these have a good overall look.

thanks again guys

i think it may look like sort of a bobcat or lynx because the bottom half of a tigers' head is white, and i sort of left that out.

oh yea and the reason i unintentionally skipped the rockies was because i was at my aunts just messing around in paint and made the tiger head, and when i got home i vectorized it, and it led to me doing the tigers before the rockies. don't worry the rockies are next up though.

Well, they would be the most-intimidating 50-win team in the league that's for sure.

heh the tigers do suck

They would work extremely well as High School or even little league unis.

The tiger is a bit childish. I think adding pupils to the eyes could correct this.

The stylized D is awesome. The wordmark is amazing.

damn childish is what i was trying to avoid so ill try to get the pupils in there...

Well, they would be the most-intimidating 50-win team in the league that's for sure.

get ready for the 80 win season Detroit Tigers next season...

and AAO, I hope you don't mind if I borrow your avatar, and use it as mine. Your whole Concept is too perfect

damn childish is what i was trying to avoid so ill try to get the pupils in there...

seriously AAO, it does not look one bit childish, looks like a remodernization of a traditional Tigers

dude thanks but what the hell you just totally snagged my avatar haha. nah man sorry i didnt intend for other people to use it, if you really want i can make you an avatar that says your name or somethin.

sweet if you can do that, it would make my day. Next to Joel Fiasco, I am the biggest Tigers fan there is. Thanks a bunch.