Detroit Tigers Concept

AAO

now that is a great logo. The only thing that would have been better is dark colored pants on the home uni. its too plain with just the letters on the front

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I guess I must be spitting into the wind with all the positive reaction. I just really don't get the feeling of a tiger. It looks like a wildcat to me or lynx. I just am use to seeing tigers with rounded ears not pointed ones. I really enjoy color concepts and changes to the D though fine work AAO.

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

• 1 month later...

In 1960 the Tigers removed the famous Old English "D" from the home whites and replaced it with a very attractive script "Tigers" with an underline tail. The fans went bananas. So under pressure the "D" returned in '61. Think of your home uniform as if the Yankees removed the "NY" for a script "Yankees" or the Cards removing the birds-on-a-bat, as they did in '56 and got blistered for it. You don't mess with tradition, son.

The rest of your ideas are fine, you just need a more "athletic" numeral font.

I'm not sure if you read the start of this project, but AAO said he was doing away with tradition for these redesigns(you'll notice there are no more road grey pants in any of his concepts). Each one of his concepts has been stellar, and I can think of more than one that is much better the current set for each team. And besides, it's his concept, so he can really do what he wants, ya know?

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

whats wrong with grey road unis? i like to see fresh takes on this sort of thing, but baseball, especially historic teams (tigers, dodgers, sox, cubs, yankees) is just not kosher. it'd be great for a minor league affiliate, but baseball uniforms are so perfect. alternates and colored jerseys were scrapped in the late 80s/early 90s for a reason and i see this happening again in the next few years. are light blue road unis next? it is great work, but id rather see it on a nba or arena team.

Not broken on both concepts, so they don't need to be fixed. Though the Tigers wordmark would be good on a road aternate jersey.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I think either the white or orange jerseys would make nice alt's right now. I dig the script / colors. My biggest criticism is with the numbers. They are too fat / bubblish / cartoonish. I'd make them a little thinner.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived