New 3rd jersey for the Red Sox?

Brass

Haven't heard anything 'round these parts, but having worked with numerous sports teams i can tell you 95% of the rumours you hear come true.

I must ask - how did u survive this weekends snow storm? :P

I live in Canada, you learn to live with em :)

I live in Toronto, I know how to live through them. :P It was a joke, I was just emplying it was a very cold one, and now it is snowing right now...(PLEASE LET JARVIS C.I. BE CLOSED TOMORROW!!!)

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, we know Byron19's over there, and I think I've seen Arquimedez Pozo (SoSH poster) over here a couple times too.

Incidentally, I whipped this graphic up since a couple posters over there were asking about the TATC jersey the Sox were supposed to wear (they didn't, since the jerseys arrived to Fenway Park late).

Here it is:

soxtatc.png

The grey is supposed to be metallic silver. I can't say for sure if this rendition is 100% accurate, I'm going off seven-year-old memories here since photos are nonexistant.

Perhaps this is the origin of the most recent red alternate?

Thats pretty...um...non baseball ish...the traditionalists will go crazy, but I think it looks pretty cool. Too bad it wont see the light of day...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Yep, they do. Green with "RED SOX" written in white with red outline, the "two-sox" logo on the left sleeve. I have one hanging in my closet.

Can you possibly find me a pic of this jersey, or take one of yours??

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

If I can't Google it, I'll definitely get a shot of mine posted.

[EDIT: Lookie here! First shot!]

pMLB2-1298122dt.jpg

And that Sox jersey I posted earlier was from the much-maligned 1999 Turn Ahead The Clock promotion. It was, thankfully, never worn.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

If I can't Google it, I'll definitely get a shot of mine posted.

[EDIT: Lookie here! First shot!]

pMLB2-1298122dt.jpg

And that Sox jersey I posted earlier was from the much-maligned 1999 Turn Ahead The Clock promotion. It was, thankfully, never worn.

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn thats nice.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Well I might be getting a job at Russell (who makes the Red Sox jerseys)...I have a second interview on Thursday, maybe I can ask if anything is in the works for them

That won't do you any good. Majestic became the exclusive uniform supplier for MLB starting this year.

.... and I think I've seen Arquimedez Pozo (SoSH poster) over here a couple times too.

That would be me, although I've only posted a few times at most. Was I that memorable??

Back to the subject at hand, I too have a vest-y vibe here. Crap.

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

Hey guys.

Got wind today that on the jersey will be a totally new script! Not sure of the colours yet, but I'll keep ya'll posted.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Hey guys.

Got wind today that on the jersey will be a totally new script! Not sure of the colours yet, but I'll keep ya'll posted.

Totally new? Well, the Sox have changed their lettering by degrees over the years. If you get the Richard Ben Cramer book on baseball (with the silver cover), you can see some very interesting and subtle changes to the letters from the 40s to today. Look especially at the first publicity stills of Pumpsie Green, the Sox' first African-American player, and there are little curlicue flourishes in places on the outlines of the letters.

Hey guys.

Man, this is going to be terrible.

Just curious, BB ... how are you getting just snippets of information? I completely believe you, but I just picture Charles Steinberg walking by your desk saying:

"Completely different word mark!"

And then running away before you ask him what the hell he's talking about. :D

Hey guys.

Man, this is going to be terrible.

Just curious, BB ... how are you getting just snippets of information? I completely believe you, but I just picture Charles Steinberg walking by your desk saying:

"Completely different word mark!"

And then running away before you ask him what the hell he's talking about. :D

Well I know someone who is in the "higher" part of the organization. He will tell me how the process is coming and such, and today that they were working on a whole new script that the jersey would have. A sleek style lettering.

what the hell is ccslc?

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, more good news....I guess....

I heard today that the new jersey is going to feature a straight across lettering on the front of the jersey and the colours will be red, navy blue, and silver.

More news to come.

what the hell is ccslc?

Silver???? Teddy Ballgame's head just spun around in its can. I'll reserve my judgement, it could be cool.. So far everything else the Henry/ Werner/ Lucchino syndicate has done is working out well above any of our expectations.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Anyone remember the Alt Caps they had a few years back. 98 I think. The pair of sox on the hat with a silver underbill. and when I say silver, I mean metallic. You noticed it too cause it came up on the hat, just on the edge. I don't know if they were ever worn, but I think they were kinda precursors to batting practice hats.

Anyway, I have on of those hats. I'll have to dig it up someday. Its a cool hat minus the silver underbill. I'm pretty sure its a 59/50 so I think it was authentic. I've never seen a non-authentic 59/50 hat. But, as always, I am an idiot so I could be wrong.

Archived