New 3rd jersey for the Red Sox?

Brass

Anyone remember the Alt Caps they had a few years back. 98 I think. The pair of sox on the hat with a silver underbill. and when I say silver, I mean metallic. You noticed it too cause it came up on the hat, just on the edge. I don't know if they were ever worn, but I think they were kinda precursors to batting practice hats.

Anyway, I have on of those hats. I'll have to dig it up someday. Its a cool hat minus the silver underbill. I'm pretty sure its a 59/50 so I think it was authentic. I've never seen a non-authentic 59/50 hat. But, as always, I am an idiot so I could be wrong.

'99. Part of the TATC promotion. See my post above for a depiction.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys, more good news....I guess....

I heard today that the new jersey is going to feature a straight across lettering on the front of the jersey and the colours will be red, navy blue, and silver.

More news to come.

Orioles betw. '63-'65 perhaps?

Well guys, yesterday I caught a glimpse of the new lettering on a piece of paper they showed me, and I tried to recreate it on MS Paint. Obviously, it will look a lot more professional, but I tried my best. Yes they lettering looks like there current one, but on the paper it looked slightly tweaked. So without further adue....

New_Red_Sox_Lettering.png

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Well, we know Byron19's over there, and I think I've seen Arquimedez Pozo (SoSH poster) over here a couple times too.

Incidentally, I whipped this graphic up since a couple posters over there were asking about the TATC jersey the Sox were supposed to wear (they didn't, since the jerseys arrived to Fenway Park late).

Here it is:

soxtatc.png

The grey is supposed to be metallic silver. I can't say for sure if this rendition is 100% accurate, I'm going off seven-year-old memories here since photos are nonexistant.

Perhaps this is the origin of the most recent red alternate?

Thats pretty...um...non baseball ish...the traditionalists will go crazy, but I think it looks pretty cool. Too bad it wont see the light of day...

oh but it has seen the light of day. I own one of these babies. Garciaparra one, everyone is like "wtf is that?" when i wear it. haha

Twitter: @peteeee

E-Mail: peteschwadel@gmail.com

Dribbble!

So, since you own one of these babies, how was my memory?  :D

the sleeves are actually Navy with Thin Metallic Silver stripes at the end but there is navy after it. The number and name are on opposite sides. the number and name are navy with silver lining around them. name goes top to bottom not bottom to top. but good job.

Twitter: @peteeee

E-Mail: peteschwadel@gmail.com

Dribbble!

So, since you own one of these babies, how was my memory?  :D

the sleeves are actually Navy with Thin Metallic Silver stripes at the end but there is navy after it. The number and name are on opposite sides. the number and name are navy with silver lining around them. name goes top to bottom not bottom to top. but good job.

Not bad for seeing it one time seven years ago! :D

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Well, we know Byron19's over there, and I think I've seen Arquimedez Pozo (SoSH poster) over here a couple times too.

Incidentally, I whipped this graphic up since a couple posters over there were asking about the TATC jersey the Sox were supposed to wear (they didn't, since the jerseys arrived to Fenway Park late).

Here it is:

soxtatc.png

The grey is supposed to be metallic silver. I can't say for sure if this rendition is 100% accurate, I'm going off seven-year-old memories here since photos are nonexistant.

Perhaps this is the origin of the most recent red alternate?

Thats pretty...um...non baseball ish...the traditionalists will go crazy, but I think it looks pretty cool. Too bad it wont see the light of day...

oh but it has seen the light of day. I own one of these babies. Garciaparra one, everyone is like "wtf is that?" when i wear it. haha

Would you like to take some pics of it for me? :)

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

these pics incluse my super-bowl creation.

front

bostonfront7yp.jpg

close-up to show how un-nescesarily shiny the silver is

bostonclose8sw.jpg

back

bostonback0jq.jpg

OMG...I think I have a duty to commit suicide now.... I want it though, and the Green alt....woo.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The green alts are still plentiful in the Boston/Southern New England area. If supply has frittered a bit, wait until after St. Patrick's Day, you should be able to buy one online.

or if you really want one..check shop.mlb.com They're selling the blank one which i have, the Schilling one, a Keith Foulke one, and a Manny one. I wish they didn't trade Lowe cause i would've loved a Green one of his to go with my Red 3rd Jersey which is obsolete now. DAMN YOU LOS ANGELES DODGERS OF LOS ANGELES

You said they'd be unvieled in April...

As they will be introduced, Sunday April 17th vs the Devil Rays.

Hmm...well...maybe your being perfectly honest here.

After Puckguy's joke a few years ago, now scheme would be too elaborate though.

No offense BB.

Your probably not pulling a joke, but, eh, I'm just looking for a little fun and maybe to stir the pot...whatever that means... :P

Archived