NFL TrueType Fonts Now Available!

eriqjaffe

sj, thanks for posting that. I went into the finished fonts (as opposed to the Fontographer source files) and saw the same thing - it must have happened on the TT generation, as the Fontographer files don't have that problem.

Either way, I was able to fix it!

JP and Nick don't have to worry, the problem wasn't in their source files, Fontographer somehow added a stray anchor point when it generated the TTF files. Go figure.

The new, corrected NFL Fonts are available on my site now - the "Football" link has been updated with the corrected .ZIP.

Thanks to all for your kind words and sharp eyes. :)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question, I assume all the teams are coverd via the Varsity stuff, but does anyone know what the New York Jets use as their letters and numbers?

Thanks, DW.

DW - in the .zip files is a readme file which tells which of the Block fonts belongs with which team. The Jets is "NFL Varsity Block A". I think wysinwyg mentioned that the Vikings are not on the list. I would imagine they are the same NFL Block A but the makers would probably know definitively.

Eriq, Nick, JP, et al.

Thanks for the fix on the "8's". I know these fonts are a pain in the @ss to make but they really are a tremendous resourse to the community. Great job!!!

Question, I assume all the teams are coverd via the Varsity stuff, but does anyone know what the New York Jets use as their letters and numbers?

Thanks, DW.

DW - in the .zip files is a readme file which tells which of the Block fonts belongs with which team. The Jets is "NFL Varsity Block A". I think wysinwyg mentioned that the Vikings are not on the list. I would imagine they are the same NFL Block A but the makers would probably know definitively.

Eriq, Nick, JP, et al.

Thanks for the fix on the "8's". I know these fonts are a pain in the @ss to make but they really are a tremendous resourse to the community. Great job!!!

Thanks man, I appreciate the response. I hate being the n00b guy who didn'yt even bother to read the readme. :unsure::(:oops: .

Again a huge thank you to everyone who contributed in making these fonts a reality. :notworthy:

DW

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This might not be the right place, and I think you have a thread somewhere of all the baseball fonts...but can someone direct me to a place where I can find the new Redlegs font on the Cincinnati Reds jersies?

Thanks!

The topic-starter has the link in his sig. He just did the new Reds font a few months ago, so you're in luck.

The link isn't working for me for some reason...I'll try again.

Thanks for the help TRC...I often read these boards but have never posted until now.

Thank you, eriqjaffe.

Is there any place that has the script fonts that MLB teams use on their jerseys?

I know I am getting out of the topic here and I don't mean to bug anyone I just was wondering.

Deked73 :hockeysmiley:

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Is there any place that has the script fonts that MLB teams use on their jerseys?

Not exactly - there are some that can give you a similar effect, but you're gonna have to pay for the good ones.

Commercial:

Jukebox Fonts puts out "Fenway Park", which is probalby the closest you'll find to the script fonts used in MLB.

Letterhead Fonts has a few (LHF Ballpark, LHF Ephemera, LHF Pilsener). The nice thing about those is they also feature "swash" fonts, which you can combine with Fenway Park for some really good-looking stuff.

Free:

Mickey Rossi's "Ballpark Weiner" is easily the best freeware font of its kind.

Someone out there needs to make Fenway Park with swooshes. There's a fortune waiting to be had, execpt of course that no one ever wants to pay for a font!

Fenway Park is the one I use the most. If I need a swoosh for it, I try to borrow one from a Kansas City Royals or similar vector logo.

By the way, the Letterhead Font "Billhead" rocks as well. No swooshes, but man what an excellent font for vintage sports desins. It's actually three fonts and you can mix the fonts, using uppercase from one version with lowercase from another.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The little "connector" from the letter to the swooshe is pretty skinny with Ephemera, and I actually don't own Ballpark. Is that one much thicker?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived