New Red Sox jerseys?

gilesy24

pMLB2-1940953dt.jpg

Might have missed something here, but mlb.com has, well, here's the description...

The 2005 Red Sox season has started! Celebrate the event in this special edition jersey, commemorating their 2004 World Series Championship. All letters and numbers, as well as the MLB batter logo at back, feature a special metallic gold outline. Commemorative World Series Champions patch on left sleeve. This is the jersey the players will wear before their home opener against the Yankees!

They'll wear them before the opener??? Might make sense to wear them for the entire opening series -- that would at least justify their use a little more, especially since the changes are so minor.

Nice scoop, gilesy.

I think this is.. well.. odd. But as far as "you MUST incorporate gold int he Sox" about as well as could be expected.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Me no likey the gold outline. How much are we going to milk this World Series Champs thing for? Just like Theo said on NESN the other night. It's 2005. We have to go win another one.

mainescarf.png

Me no likey the gold outline. How much are we going to milk this World Series Champs thing for? Just like Theo said on NESN the other night. It's 2005. We have to go win another one.

I dunno, but I can't wait to see the rings. My guess is that they somehow top the Marlins 2003 quarter-pounders.

nav-logo.png

Me no likey the gold outline.  How much are we going to milk this World Series Champs thing for?  Just like Theo said on NESN the other night.  It's 2005.  We have to go win another one.

I dunno, but I can't wait to see the rings. My guess is that they somehow top the Marlins 2003 quarter-pounders.

From January...

I kinda like it...it's not bad for a one time thing, but tradition would never allow it fulltime. Besides, I actually like the Sox' home unis as they are now.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I wish teams would do what they used to do, make a whole new uniform for the championship. Back in the 30's instead of "Cardinals" or whatever, they'd put "World Champions" with the year on the fronts.

Ok, I don't wish they'd do that, but I wouldn't really see a problem with a team doing something like this for the whole year. Its been done before.

Subtle. Celebrates the Championship, plus it rubs it in to the Yankees.

I like it.

Ok, yea I'm sure they're really rubbing in the fact that the Yankees now only have 21 more championships than the Red Sox instead on 22. I'm sure it's also killing Derek Jeter. I mean, hell, he only has 4 rings in his career. That's 3 more than the Red Sox have in 86 years. I used to pull for this team, but now that they have finally won it all, they've really become too cocky for my liking.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Subtle. Celebrates the Championship, plus it rubs it in to the Yankees.

I like it.

Ok, yea I'm sure they're really rubbing in the fact that the Yankees now only have 21 more championships than the Red Sox instead on 22. I'm sure it's also killing Derek Jeter. I mean, hell, he only has 4 rings in his career. That's 3 more than the Red Sox have in 86 years. I used to pull for this team, but now that they have finally won it all, they've really become too cocky for my liking.

Yeah, but you're forgettting the biggest choke job in the history of professional sports.

Rub away, boys.

Yea but still, this is getting ridiculous. Im not even a Yankees fan. As a matter of fact, I hate them, but this is just stupid.

Well, unless you've grown up diehard Sox fan all your life and grew up in the area, it's pretty much impossible to understand what this meant to us. We are going to take in as much of this as humanly possible. We as a collective group waited for this for 86 years and we know how precious these moments are, so you better beleive that we're going to milk the ever-living plop out of it. The only way to really understand is to be as crazy as we are.

I'm guessing that this is a one time thing ala the Patriots SB Champs patch on opening night vs. Indy last September. One time thing works. Although, this is very very very nice.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Until the next WS, they will be considered the reigning champs. The way I see it, it's no different than a boxer or wrestler wearing the championship belt to the ring.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived