SF 49ERS CONCEPT

STL FANATIC

This idea is very greatly inspired by the throwbacks the SF 49ERS wore against the Eagles. I thinned the pant stripes, trimmed the sleeve stripes in gold (hardly visible), and moved the numbers to the shoulders. Also, I eliminated the black. The SF is taken from another logo, but I redraw/retraced everything in the logo. Comments?

SF.GIF

nice try, but as a 49ers fan I much prefer the current look. In fact, I feel the black on the current unis helps bring out the cardinal and mettalic gold a little more.

what would help on your design is if the gold on the sleeve stripes was thicker, and add gold trim to the numbers. And if you really want to give it a retro feel go with solid black shoes.

Well, i like this a little better than their current, but to address your points, Shark...

-I am not against black, but if I used it, it would be in the whole jersey not just the logo like last night's throwbacks. Also, notice I am going with a brighter shade of red.

-I may add thicker gold stripes later, but I figure, the stripes if on an actual jersey, would show up better than these pixelated ones.

-While sometimes I like trimmed numbers, this is a case where I really wanted to go without trim. Plain red and white works for me.

-I don't really care about the shoes, just something I threw in. I'm actually not going for retro, I just think that these look good, and they happen to be what they used to use, almost.

Thanks for the feedback.

since we are on the subject of 49ers retro, here is my modernized version of thier original logo (the shooting prospector). Youve probably allready seen it before, but mainly its for those who havent yet. (copy and paste)

http://the_shark_says.tripod.com/football/prospector.gif

That uniform is diffrent from the one the wore?

WHERE?!? :)

i like it though. The new Niners look is a good modernazation, like the Dolphins and Giants, leave it be

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Well John King maybe if you read a little...j/k, although i did say it I think. I have lost all black, because it really didn't fit with the rest of the jersey. I added gold trim (hardly visible) to the sleeves. I moved the numbers to the shoulders. I also made the pant stripes thinner.

BTW I'm gonna thicken the gold trim, so you may see it thick by the next time you look.

Archived