Braves wearing new alts today

sj32

yeah, as a Braves fan, I am disappointed at this. I know they had this uniforms since the early 90's and need a alt sooner or later. But the red, well I think it is red is bad. The sunny day actually makes the uniform look reddish orange. I was hoping they would do a blue alt with just the "A" like on the cap on the side.

Also I notice they have an alt cap too. It appears to have a tomahawk out of the A. Again if they wanted to have a alt cap, I would have just used the B font from the Braves. I saw some kids wearing a hat like that and thought it was kinda of cool.

Not bad, but I'd change the lettering to white on navy. Stands out better. The Braves should :rolleyes: put the numbers back on the front of the shirt like they had in the '50s and '60s. Without front numbers it looks like something is missing. I'm glad the Cardinals returned their front numbers.

As for the alt, if they really want a red jersey, they should have kept the piping the same as the home and roads(blue-red-blue) so it looked like double blue stripes. I always thought that looked cool. The Indians almost have it that way. Plus they shouldn't have made the tomahawk blue, it just looks wierd. So what if the tomahawk is red on red, the Angels manage to have a red logo on a red cap and nobody complains too much(actually, I wish it were white and silver, but who cares).

Dealing with front #'s, the Braves don't need that. They already have the wordmark with the big tomahawk underneath and the thick(triple) front piping. Adding numbers would just make it too busy. Some one mentioned the Cards and front #'s. Well, in that case it works because the rest of the uni is so plain, no striping at all.

capt.gaja10704102050.mets_braves_gaja107.jpg

r3473902880.jpg

Hmm. It looked bad on paper, but it looked pretty darn good on the field. Maybe the sun enhanced the colors, but it actually wasn't repulsive, but very nice :grin:

Now this brings up a question... Why is it that the Braves (and most teams) still use a primary batting helmet instead of a helmet with the alt on it???

It sure looks like the blue used in those jerseys was darker than the ones used by Chris'.

Or maybe it's one of those pantone things, who knows.

I've got to get one of those hats. I love the tomahawk A logo. I know I already have the BP hat, but I'm a big fan of the 5950's too. Once you break them in, they're comfy as sin. Wearing my Cubs' home 5950 as we speak.

kU6ns.gif

Archived