CFL Jerseys unveiling today!

gameface

Pixelboy mentioned it in the Ticats thread, but the CFL is set to unveil an entire league's worth of jerseys today. Part of me is school-girl giddy with anticipation while the other part is a little apprehensive given that the Reebok/CFL match is one made in the boardroom. If the 'spycam' photos are any indication, this has the potential to be underwhelming. Nonetheless, when was the last time an entire league had their jerseys unveiled in one day?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose the obvious answer would be when a new league is formed, so maybe it was the XFL. But I can't recall any situation when an established league or even a college conference made wholesale updates. I guess you could say it happens in international events like the Olympics, World Cups and the like.

I've been checking around Canadian sports media websites, and this seems to be flying under their radars for now. But CFL.ca says they will have video and photos.

"Winnipeg looks too much like the St. Louis Rams."

You think that it would make me happy, but...

Winnipeg and Saskatchewan, hated rivals, have the same uniform!!!

EDM & BC, the same

Ott & TOR the same!!

WTF!!!??!!

First overall impressions - Hamilton made the gutsiest changes, most of the other teams wimped out and went with one of the two stock Reebok templates. Toronto switched their number font to the rounded Chicago Bears/Toronto Raptors style. Montreal stood pat, as was rumoured. Calgary went with the Falcons look, as was also rumoured. We'll have to wait and see the actual photos to see what the pants look like I guess.

Hmmm ... I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. These aren't nearly as bad as I had feared. I'm glad to see Edmonton pretty much stay the same, and B.C. modernized just enough to pull themselves out of the mid 90s. Some do look very similar to one another (Ottawa, Saskatchewan, Winnipeg) but overall I think this is an improvement.

Interesting. Talk about just coloring templates.

Toronto, Winnipeg, Ottawa and Saskatchewan have the same basic style, only the fonts and colors will be different.

Not bad on their own, but when introduced all together it looks very lazily done.

Toronto and Winnipeg look like they use Berthold City (same as the Rams numbers) for the nameplate, but the numbers look different. Toronto's numbers might be the same as the Bengals or the Bears.

And a little inconsistent for the pdf...some are vectors, others are placed jpegs. Meh.

Back-to-BackΒ Fatal FortyΒ Champion 2015 & 2016

"Winnipeg looks too much like the St. Louis Rams."

You think that it would make me happy, but...

Winnipeg and Saskatchewan, hated rivals, have the same uniform!!!

Wow. Just wow. The jersey of itself isn't that bad. But how would Leafs fans feel if they recoloured an Ottawa or Montreal template?

Like McEnroe once said, "You have got to be kidding me!"

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Argos: blah. shoulda kept last year's

Ti-Cats: pretty damn good to tell the truth. They actually took a risk

Als/Eskimos: there's something to be said for standing pat. in this case, it was a good move.

Renegades: ehh...coulda been better

Bombers/Riders: can anybody say Milano/Inter? if I were them, I'd consult the Bacardi Silver manual :D

Lions: a good look for em

Stampeders: well, they almost stood pat. I'll give em credit for that. they simply look like dem Dirty Birds now, sort of.

overall: C-...how hard is it to make 9 teams look distinct from each other? <_<

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🀬

For some of the teams, the Reebok sheet says "new number font introduced", but I don't see the difference. Hamilton, Edmonton, BC, Sask look the same to me. Hamilton did switch from their traditional gold on the homes to white. Unless Reebok just switched to lookalike fonts and are calling them "new". Looks like Ottawa is using Calgary's old numbers with the drop shadow, while Calgary is going with italicized block with outline trim.

EDIT* If the River City replica numbers are accurate, it looks like Calgary and Ottawa actually have new font styles, judging from the 5's. Not bad.

Re the helmets. All I've heard is that BC is switching back to white from silver. Ticats are reintroducing the gold stripe and are using their updated tiger logo. Argos are using their updated "A" logo, losing the centurion guy.

I am appalled that Reebok actually had the testicular fortitude to be so lazy and use other teams' templates. The 'spy photos' suggested this would be the case. I am stunned that the CFL let them get away with it.

"Hey boys, maybe we can give them a template and they can colour it with their own crayons. We just won't tell them they're all the same."

The CFL must be in more dire straits financially than I had imagined in order to let this happen.

As a Lions fan, I think this sucks. They could do so much with orange. Instead it looks like a practice jersey.

Good job Reebok and CFL :evil::cursing:

Archived