Baseball uniforms of the 20th century

Mac the Knife

Barring something unforeseen occurring and in an effort to raise funds to cover some recent medical expenses, I will soon be selling my hardback copy of "Baseball Uniforms of the 20th Century" by Marc Okkonen via eBay.  Though the dust jacket is gone it is otherwise in sound condition.

Many have inquired about this book on this and other boards in the past, and I just thought I'd put the word out that a copy may soon be available.  If/when it is placed for sale, I will try to post a link here directing you to the sale page.

nav-logo.png

To answer your question, Snowcap,

The first part of the book is a team-by-team history of each franchises uniforms over the years. The second half of the book is an illustrated, year-by-year look at every teams uniforms, adding teams as the years go by, ending up at 1991. There are some pretty cool (albeit small) photos in the first half of the book. I got my copy when it was first published and still treasure it. Just wish there was a revised version. Hope that explains it to you.

And in case anyone is wondering what medical expenses I'm dealing with:  in August I suffered a slight heart attack, which was remedied by means of a pair of angioplasty procedures (one in October, one in November).  The bills now total over $100,000, and while insurance will cover the majority of it I suspect, I still have some significant outlays coming.

nav-logo.png

And in case anyone is wondering what medical expenses I'm dealing with:  in August I suffered a slight heart attack, which was remedied by means of a pair of angioplasty procedures (one in October, one in November).  The bills now total over $100,000, and while insurance will cover the majority of it I suspect, I still have some significant outlays coming.

I hope everything's fine with you now D.P.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I have good days and bad days, but the good ones far outnumber the bad since the procedures...  the fact that I'm about to lose my day job and that I have a mountain of unexpected debt are far more pressing matters to me right now than my health, unfortunately... but all in all, it could be far worse I suppose!

Maybe someone will take pity on me and run the bidding up to a grand or so.   : :laugh:

nav-logo.png

I'll definatley be interested, although I don't know if I will bid or not. Thanks for the notification.

That is a textbook example of a contradictory statement.  :)

How can there be definite interest, and no bid?

What it means is that I am in high school and don't have a lot of money. If the auction goes as high as this book usually costs, I will not be able to bid on it. That's no problem though, someday I will be able to afford it I am sure.

Also, I'm sorry to hear you went through so much. I am glad you are doing better. Hope you get even better, and get through your financial struggles.

To answer your question, Snowcap,

The first part of the book is a team-by-team history of each franchises uniforms over the years. The second half of the book is an illustrated, year-by-year look at every teams uniforms, adding teams as the years go by, ending up at 1991. There are some pretty cool (albeit small) photos in the first half of the book. I got my copy when it was first published and still treasure it. Just wish there was a revised version. Hope that explains it to you.

soudns cool. i cant bid on it cuz im only 14 and my parents would kill me :D

untitled-1.png

im sorry to hear about the bad times.  

id love to help both of us out.  i am currently high bidder, but its still under reserve.  Are you going to reveal how high that actually is??

i am completely serious about buying it, but cant afford a ton. (who in college can)  Irregardless, if its reasonable  (the price) ill make a attractive bid immediately.

Archived