Legalities?

officeglenn

Hey guys ... wasn't sure where I should post this, so please move it if it's in the wrong place.

A while ago I posted about the Rush concept I submitted to the new Edmonton NLL franchise that's now up on their website. Now this may be me just being neurotic again, but I can't help but wonder what would happen if one day, they announce they will be calling the team the Rush and they are using my logo, or something very similar, and not give me any credit.

I have not received an e-mail from the club saying whether or not they intend to use my design. I did watermark it, but they could probably give it to another designer and say, "Here, make us a copy of this, without the watermark."

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but because I submitted it to them, does the work become their property? Would I have some kind of legal recourse if they did decide to use something similar. I keep thinking of the Ravens case, but I don't know all the particulars of that.

Anyway, thanks for letting me get this off my mind. Any help, even if only to ease my mind, is greatly appreciated.

I think that you might have some sort of legal recourse, though they could probably infer that by sending anything you agree that they now own what you sent them.

If they use the name and a different logo entirely, then you don't necessarily have much of a claim, either.

Of course, it's Canadian court....unless you sued them here - which might be pretty crazy.

I guess, I'd say that at the end of the day...it would depend on what it was worth to you. If you designed the logo, know you did it and all that..then you could probably try to work out somethin with them that said "look, i made this and i sent it on this date. i don't want to sue or anything like that. i just want proper credit, as i am a young professional starting out" or something.

I think that might be enough to at least, get them to get you some tickets, or a hat or something. I mean...I know to some here that's like heresy. But, I don't know that it's worth lots of legal fees and such alike..only to lose and still not get credit for your design - and worse - to look like sort of person who was lying.

I know, my imagination went crazy there. But, it's a good question I think.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

That or they are already working with a designer and did not want to give you any false hope. Thats probably what it is. Usually when a team is announced they probably already have a designer working on some rough drafts.

Archived