Illustrator Help

pcgd

I need help making the arches at the top and bottom of this logo... I have the font and everything, I just cannot seem to get the arcs and the spacing right.

big12-05-site-logo.gif

Suggestions will help, but if you would like for me to send you the eps file I would be more than happy to do that as well.

Thanks!

StadiumSig.gif

You have to do the letterspacing & horizontal scaling first. You don't have to convert the text to outlines, but I don't think the file will print correctly until you convert to outlines or expand appearance.

Once the letters are spaced out to your liking, go to Effect -> Warp -> Arch. Click on "preview" so you can visually see the degree of arching while you move the sliders.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

i'm having trouble using some jersey templates..i cant seem to figure out how to color them?? the same with the logos..i do not know how to recolor them..

any help would be appreciated

thanks

joey

GJ

Could you be a little more specific.

Are you clicking on the jersey with the Direct Selection Arrow?

If not, do so, then the colours are at the bottom of the toolbox.

Select a different colour from the Swatches and it should work.

I'd also recommend the following as a basic tutorial.

http://apex.vtc.com/illustrator10.php

(Don't take offence if this is too basic, it's hard to tell how much you already know)

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

well when i use some of the templates from here i click the colors but it only gives me a small blue square on the template

i do not remember if i have clicked the direct selection arrow...i know very little bout illustrator..and im going by trial and error..but if i am correct..i think the direct selection arrow only moves objects? i'm probably wrong...

thanks for your help

joey

• 2 weeks later...
How do you make a watermark? Do you even use illustrator to do it? Thanks, and sorry if this was already asked somewhere.

In Illustrator, you create the design you want as a template, then go to Window>Transparency.

If not alrady open, you'll get a little box with Transparenty, Stroke and Gradient tabs.

On the Transparency tab, there's a thing called Opacity.

It will be on 100.

If you take that down to something like 30%. the design will lose colour.

You cover your uniform or logo with the now see-through design.

You exclaim "hey, it worked".

Done.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I asked this question a while back but never found a solution, so I got a new Illustrator and still no results. I've got CS2, and when I go to type, it comes up in a defualt font, fine. But when I go to change it, nothing comes up in the scroll down menu. When I write the name of the font in, it recognizes it (automatically fills it in when I type the first few letters) but nonetheless remains in the same font. Can anyone help???

Howard1.jpg

I asked this question a while back but never found a solution, so I got a new Illustrator and still no results. I've got CS2, and when I go to type, it comes up in a defualt font, fine. But when I go to change it, nothing comes up in the scroll down menu. When I write the name of the font in, it recognizes it (automatically fills it in when I type the first few letters) but nonetheless remains in the same font. Can anyone help???

dunno, i have the same glitch on one of my illyCS too.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

I need some help with the offset path feature. How exactly does it work? I tried to use it to outline my logo and it's not working well. Any help?

It creates a path around your selected item, be it text or whatever.

But it creates it in the same colour as the other shape, so you may no see it.

Here's the fubar logo I did for KC's request.

Fubar.gif

When I select all of the shapes, Object>Path>Offset Path you get a little box asking how big you want the Offset.

I went for 1.0

Fubar2.gif

Then straight away click on the swatches to make it a new colour.

You can then also Click Windows>Pathfinder and click on the Merge icon.

This will make the bottom colour appear over the top colour, but you just need to Right Click, and Arrange>Send to Back.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok im as well lost for Illustrator cus im use tp photoshop. Certain things like the magic wand to highlight things and to the paint bucket doesnt work like i click on it and nuttin fills, plus i have the new hockey template, and im lost how to use that one as well, plus i cant expand the files that i open. If anyone can guide me threw this it will really, really help me out plz. As well as to vector something such as when i scan my drawings and i wanna vector them. I hope this info can help you all out.

4kv29i.jpg

Hey guys, I've been waiting to get Illustrator cs for a while now and since Christmas just past I have a little dough now. I'm not sure but I thought I remembered a post on this board with a site that sold Illustrator cs for $100 bucks to students.I can't find it though, can any one help me or m I just brain dead? :hockeysmiley:

ad-sig-2.png

New and Improved Adrenaline Online:

http://adrenalinedesignstudio.synthasite.com/

Hey guys, I've been waiting to get Illustrator cs for a while now and since Christmas just past I have a little dough now. I'm not sure but I thought I remembered a post on this board with a site that sold Illustrator cs for $100 bucks to students.I can't find it though, can any one help me or m I just brain dead? :hockeysmiley:

If I can find a copy of Illustrator....

If you do, please let me know as I need to "find" a copy of Illustrator too. :D:D:D

Daddy don't pirate. Software.

I have a copy around here somewhere, I just can't find it since we moved.

Go R0xXx0RZZ!

NO, NO, NO...

It was not meant to mean pirate software. Just where can I find it cheap.

Sorry if it came out that way.

Well, if you know anyone that works in elementary, secondary, or higher education, have them buy the academic/student version here. There are some hoops through which they'd have to jump, but it's 100 bucks.