Illustrator Help

pcgd

When using CS2, after using the Live Trace function, I can't figure out how to make it a normal vector image w/ outlines that you're able to move and adjust and whatnot, like if you had made the image yourself from scratch.

Can Anyone Help?

Thanks in advance!

I don't have it open in front of me, but I believe what you want is to then select the Expand submenu item from the Live Trace menu. That will give you your anchor points for editing. Or to perform it as one step, instead of using the Make submenu option to create your vectorized image you can use Make and Expand instead.

Can someone explain how one would go about bevelling/embossing typeface in Illustrator, not unlike the Anaheim Angels 'A'? Bevelling manually, especially for wordmarks, is a long and tedious process and I was just wondering if anyone knew a faster method. I'm relatively new to the program and if anyone would be so kind as to tell me, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

trophy_silver.gif

Can someone explain how one would go about bevelling/embossing typeface in Illustrator, not unlike the Anaheim Angels 'A'? Bevelling manually, especially for wordmarks, is a long and tedious process and I was just wondering if anyone knew a faster method. I'm relatively new to the program and if anyone would be so kind as to tell me, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

wish i could help, i want to know too

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question... I have Illustrator 10 at work and CS at home. I've been working on a file at work and now that I have it at home, it will only convert it to CS. Is there a way to keep the file's compatibility with v.10?

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

In order to downsave an Illustrator file to an earlier version, you have to go to "Export", then select "Illustrator Legacy" as the file type. Once you click on the OK button, another window will give you a list of all the different Illustrator versions to save the file.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Thanks JP!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I'm having a teeny-weeny problem with AI CS:

How can I make text wrap around a circle shape nicely? I tried the 'Arc' effect, but it comes out all distorted, elongated and not looking right. I'm really frustrated about this, so any help would be wonderful!

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

On the left toolbar, select and hold the text tool... There is one tool called Path Type Tool. Create a circle, and use the Path Type Tool on the circle. It should do the job.

• 2 weeks later...
in CS2 on PC, does any one know how to make water, ice, grass and wooden floorboards textures?

You'll have to make an image in Photoshop as a texture and import it inside Illustrator. At least I'm not aware of being able to make results that are as good as you can get in Photoshop, in Illustrator. IE...use photoshop to make your textures cause they will look much better and then import them as an image. It'll flatten it automatically when you bring it in.

Can you convert Photoshop Brushes to Illustrator?

To keep them as brushes? Although in a way brushes in photoshop are paths, they won't really convert over to illustrator correctly. I've never tried to import them directly, but I'm doubting it will work.

Basically both of your problems are you are using illustrator for photoshop purposes. If you have photoshop, anything that isn't line art (ie text, logos) you should use photoshop. If you want a photoshop style brush, its going to work best in photoshop.

i know alot of you might think this is easy but i was wondering the easiest way to slightly  arc the text on your wordmark like "Roughnecks" on this logo?

This just looks like a run of the mill text on path. There isn't really any distortion to the lettering, it just runs on a curve. An explaination to create text on a path is earlier in this thread.

i know alot of you might think this is easy but i was wondering the easiest way to slightly  arc the text on your wordmark like "Roughnecks" on this logo?

This just looks like a run of the mill text on path. There isn't really any distortion to the lettering, it just runs on a curve. An explaination to create text on a path is earlier in this thread.

thanks i knew it was something simple :D

How do I make a perfectly mirrored image? I use the Object>Transform>Reflect but because Im not using a round brush it screws it up, and then when I try to manually fix them the best I can its still not really even close.

Untitled-1.png