Photoshop Help

pcgd

I'm not sure if this is a Photoshop problem, or just a computer problem, but whatever:

My free trial to Photoshop ran out, and I want to uninstall it before I take it off my computer. The problem is, I can't find the install wizard thingy in order to do so. It's just not on my computer anywhere. Can I just delete everything related off my computer? Thanks if anyone can help.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
I don't know if this is Photoshop or something else.

Some of the logos are taken from pics.

Or at least used them as references.

Is there an easy way, short of Live Trace or Vector Eye of taking something like the head here and making a logo out of it.

King_Arthur.jpg

convert to grayscale, then adjust the brightness/contrast to get your basic shapes, then redraw and color as desired.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know of a photoshop tutorial on how to make logos? Thank you in advance for this.

DRew

There is no such tutorial in Photoshop for "how to make logos".

There is no "make logo" filter in Photoshop, Illustrator, or any other quality design program.

You have to design the logo in your head first.

You have to come up with the ideas for the logo itself.

The programs are tools, just like a pencil, to fabricate your idea.

There are plenty of online tutorials in all the various applications to show you how to make shapes and edit text. That's all a program can do. It can't create. It can't "make logos". It can only go wherever you point your mouse.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

My bad--- I will try to use my my ideas, but does anyone know of tutorials to make shapes and edit text? Sorry about that again.

DRew

Much better question :D

Here is a great Illustrator tutorial, created by one of our board members, Pat Cummings.

http://www.patrickcummings.net/tutorials/

For other tutorials, go to Google and search for "Photoshop tutorials" or "Illustrator tutorials". There are other ones listed on this site, just use the "search" function.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• 2 weeks later...
ye. i tried that but it also skews the text :wacko:

Go to where the free transform is, when you get what you need click the check mark at the top and your done.

There are other tools, play around with photoshop, learn what each button does before using it.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

• 4 weeks later...
what is the best way lasso something in photoshop?

....Use the magnetic .... lassos instead of the regular one.

only if you have a high res image....magnetic lasso doesn't work very well with low res images.

the polygonal lasso is good if you don't have very good mouse control, but there's really no substitute for the accuracy of the regular lasso tool, short of using the bezier pen to make a path around the object you want, adjusting the points as needed with the direct select tool, then making it your selection.

hello all

i'm in portfolio school for advertising and have access to photoshop at school, but i want a basic version for my ibook. a friend of mine ordered a very inexpensive copy off of a site and it ended up being a bootlegged version of it. so, the question:

does anybody know where i can get an authorized version of it for a good price, keeping in mind that i'm a student which means i have very little extra money and this would be a big purchase for me.

thanks.

and for what it's worth, i use paint bucket more than gradient also.

:flagcanada:

Does anyone know if you can do this :

ya.jpg

If you can see or dont know what i am talking about its the circles that keep getting smaller ( only way i can describe it ) behind Brian.

Can anyone help me if they know what i am talking about ??

4kv29i.jpg

Archived