Photoshop Help

pcgd

Your friend could have meant two things, both of which can be done in Illustrator:

1) Save as PDF. Depending on the PDF format, all the font information can be saved and "reside" with the file. This means that the fonts view correctly on screen, and when it prints. Other PDF formats may only allow the fonts to be viewed correctly, not print correctly.

This option may also only show up in the print menu, and may appear as "save as PDF," "save as Postscript," or "PDF to Postscript".

2) Convert text to outlines. Once this is done, all font information is converted to indivudual vector shapes. No font information is saved or needed with the file, it can print exactly as shown to any postscript-compatible printer.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone help me if they know what i am talking about ??

it's a simulated halftone screen (low dot count = larger "dots"/high dot count = smaller "dots")

the Filters=>Pixelate=>Color Halftone that paEt mentioned will convert the vector fill object to a raster object and give your desired effect. i tried "expand appearence" but it stays as a converted raster image.

if there's a trick to this and keep vector, i'd be curious to hear it, i have a few projects it could be useful in.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

i'm starting to make sigs on photoshop but i have problems when i render pics to them..

it seems that when i cut the render, copy/paste to the other it leaves a white glow around the render

is there something i can do to get rid of the glow and just have a clean render?

many thanks

joey

• 4 weeks later...

I posted similar to this in the other help section but I'm learning a little more. I'm thinking it might be better to draw using the pen tool in Photoshop CS2 but for some reason, as I am drawing out the vectors for my shape it is filling them in black is there a way to change this or should I find another way to create logos?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok say i have a jersey in photoshop all coloured and such and i want to put a logo on it (like you would just paste in paint) how do i do it?

For example say im using RC's make your own jersey how would i be able to select a number and drag it over to the jersey.

Hi, how are you?

Ok say i have a jersey in photoshop all coloured and such and i want to put a logo on it (like you would just paste in paint) how do i do it?

For example say im using RC's make your own jersey how would i be able to select a number and drag it over to the jersey.

It's pretty much just like that. However, you want to make the logos, numbers, etc their own layers so you can move and resize them as needed.

ucnu112sig.png

Anybody remember who had posted that kick-a$$ tutorial on how to create the embroidery effect like the one in the CCSLC logo banner?

Given the choise, I'd rather ahve one for PSP, but I can tinker around in Photoshop.

I did a few searches here and can't find it.

I searched Google too, but so far the 2 I found don't yield as good a result as the one I remembr seeing.

Thanks guys!

EDIT:

Disregard this guys... I must be going blind in my old age, I just noticed a post from a week ago ( Post linking to Eriqjaffe's Trashers Crest )

That was the one I was looking for!!!

That Trashers' is SICK!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• 4 weeks later...
How can I resize images?

And how can i make straight diagonal lines and curved ones like in MS paint?

Image>Resize>Image Size... in the dropdown menu.

Straight lines with the line tool in the tool palette. Curved ones are a bit more difficult.

How can I resize images?

And how can i make straight diagonal lines and curved ones like in MS paint?

Image>Resize>Image Size... in the dropdown menu.

Straight lines with the line tool in the tool palette. Curved ones are a bit more difficult.

Anyway you can do it manually i have to decrease the pixels.

Hi, how are you?

• 2 weeks later...

It just takes a lot of time and patience. It also helps if you can find similar poses if you're just going to swap heads onto bodies.

If you want to change the color of a jersey or pants, you can use the lasso tool and the "Image -> Adjustment" menu. In there, there are lots of color-changing options to move things around. That's how I did this work recently:

hasselbeck-sidebyside.jpg

This one:

whalers01.png

this one involved taking out all the red in the image using desaturation, pasting a new crest on the jerseys, then editing the stripes.

ucnu112sig.png

Archived