Other Design Help

pcgd

Does anyone know how to do a text wrap in Adobe Indesign? I'm sure it's the same as illustrator, but I don't even know how to do it in there.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. For anyone else wondering, there's a Text Wrap pallette under Window, and you just select the object you want the text to wrap around and choose how you want it to wrap. Simple.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey I'm making a concept for a baseball team in MS Paint and I was wondering how can I arc the names on the back of the jersey (see Indians, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Cubs, and basically every other team in the MLB with names on their jerseys). I want it like that instead of straight across. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I had a very basic but probably stupid question. When you are doing your logos do you sketch it out by hand and then do lineart to fill it in, find an existing image and remove the colors then restore to make it your own or draw it out in your program? Thanks in advance for your help.

Well, some people sketch a logo, scan it, then re-create it on the computer. Some people are talented enough to do the whole thing from scratch on Illustrator or another program (I use Inkscape).

I would not, however, condone taking another logo an just 'altering' or re-coloring it. If you do decide to do so, proceed with caution. If your concept is another person's logo, just tweaked, be sure to give them their dues. It would also be smart to ask their permission before doing so.

Twitter • Facebook • Instagram • LinkedIn • Tumblr

• 4 weeks later...

I can't seem to open any of the vector files for the jersey templates on this board. I've tried paint shop pro, inkscape and photoshop, and none of them work. All give me a fail to load/read error. Any idea how I can fix this?

I can't seem to open any of the vector files for the jersey templates on this board. I've tried paint shop pro, inkscape and photoshop, and none of them work. All give me a fail to load/read error. Any idea how I can fix this?

If you downloaded a .AI file it won't open in Paint Shop Pro or Inkscape and if it does open in Photoshop it converts to raster.

You can find some SVG vector templates that do work in Inkscape by going here.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

• 2 weeks later...

Ok this is probaly going to sound stupid but is there more than one way to resize and object in MS paint. When i want to resize something i use the sellect tool and the minamize it somethimes the pic get blurry though. Is there another way to resize an object without it getting messed up.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok this is probaly going to sound stupid but is there more than one way to resize and object in MS paint. When i want to resize something i use the sellect tool and the minamize it somethimes the pic get blurry though. Is there another way to resize an object without it getting messed up.

use irfanview to resize...it's free, just google it

jldesigns404eo.png

In Inkscape, How do you put an outline around a whole object, if you did different parts separately? I don't know how to explain it, but hopefully you guys will understand what I am trying to say.

Also, is there any way to make the stroke to the outside or inside of a line in inkscape, like you can in illustrator?

MegatronSig2.jpg

Ok this is probaly going to sound stupid but is there more than one way to resize and object in MS paint.  When i want to resize something i use the sellect tool and the minamize it somethimes the pic get blurry though.  Is there another way to resize an object without it getting messed up.

use irfanview to resize...it's free, just google it

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
How do you vectorize a raster image in Paint Shop Pro (I'm using Version 6.0)?

Ok, now I just got Paint Shop Pro X, but I'm still wondering how to do this.

I don't own PSP, but if it's like Illustrator CS2, there is a function called live trace, which traces vector paths from a raster image. However, the results aren't always good. The best way is to slowly trace the paths yourself over the raster image, to get the result you want.

One thing I'd say is don't be shy to use predefined forms, it'll help you a lot when tracing. For example, if you trace an oval shape, start with the circle, and play around with its points to get it shaped like the oval.

The best way to learn is to start with fairly simple logos. Good luck!

Edited by pollux

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

• 6 months later...

Once in awhile when I download a vector logo from Brandsoftheworld.com, I get a Corel Draw file (.cdr)

I have photoshop and illustrator at my disposal.

Is there a trick or method I can use to get a Corel Draw file to open somehow without having Corel Draw?

I did a search on the board and didn't find any results.

Thanks,

Jeff

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• 2 months later...