pcgd

Other Design Help

165 posts in this topic

jimmy my advice is charge out the ass for the outsource stuff so you're not stuck with it. make sure you charge a fair price and don't dick around with the client. charge for every little thing, every change. keep records of emails, print them out and bring them to every meeting. get the client to sign off on every revision. bill regularly and don't proceed forward until you've received payment.

So I'm making a concept on Inkscape, and I've got it all drawn out, but I need to add an even white outline around the logo. I duplicated it, then tried to use the dynamic offset, but the little handle to resize the logo doesn't show up. Any ideas?

If I need a white outline, depending on the image, I always just duplicate the outermost shape send it to the back and change the line width so it shows up from behind. Probably not the correct way, but worth a try. :)

If I need a white outline, depending on the image, I always just duplicate the outermost shape send it to the back and change the line width so it shows up from behind. Probably not the correct way, but worth a try. :)

photobucket1.png

I tried that, but the white stroke ends up flat on the tips of the wings.

You will probably just need to draw and refine that part, but try to increase the miter limit as you do the offset path first.

Alright, I took your advice yesterday and it worked, thanks a bunch. I'm working on the secondary logo now, and I'm wondering the best way to have a symmetric logo. I've been drawing one half, then duplicating, flipping and moving it into place then grouping them together. It seems to cause some difficulties when I'm throwing a stroke around it.

photobucket3.png

photobucket4.png

Alright, I took your advice yesterday and it worked, thanks a bunch. I'm working on the secondary logo now, and I'm wondering the best way to have a symmetric logo. I've been drawing one half, then duplicating, flipping and moving it into place then grouping them together. It seems to cause some difficulties when I'm throwing a stroke around it.

photobucket3.png

photobucket4.png

Don't group them. Use the pathfinder tool and combine them. This will create one, whole shape with only one outline.

Here's a link that does a better job describing it than me. (Step1)

http://www.bittbox.com/illustrator/pathfinder-explained

Thanks, link you posted seems to be for Illustrator, but I found the equivalent on Inkscape.

I recently got Adobe Photoshop and I'm trying to make uniforms and such but I'm having the problem with making images larger and smaller. I'm trying to put my logo on a uniform but its to small and I can't enlarge it unless the uniform gets bigger also. Anyone know how to enlarge just one layer not every layer?

Open your layers palette, select that layer, go to edit > transform. then google basic photoshop skills and learn to use the application.

Open your layers palette, select that layer, go to edit > transform. then google basic photoshop skills and learn to use the application.

Alright thanks, and I've been watching tons of tutorials just haven't mastered everything yet.

CHRIS! All of the Bruins SC Champions merchandise is coming up as Canucks logos! HELP!

Illustrator has a free counterpart in Inkscape, Photoshop has a free counterpart (sort of) in GIMP. Is there a free/inexpensive counterpart to InDesign, though, that I can do page layout and design with?

Had a question regarding a potential legal issue.

My chicago bears blog/forum's logo (my avatar/sig) is based off of this infamous old school Bears' cap:

PAAAIAPNDDMIEDIC.jpg

These hats are still sold by the team. My website is growing and the admin team was curious about taking the next logical step and making merch and a store. I have some trepidations over this since I'm not 100% sure if that would be something we could be sued/shut down over.

The logo itself obviously is distinct in it's own way but I figure I should double check with you experienced grizzled hardasses before bringing a proposal back to my team.

Any help is much appreciated.

Had a question regarding a potential legal issue.

My chicago bears blog/forum's logo (my avatar/sig) is based off of this infamous old school Bears' cap:

PAAAIAPNDDMIEDIC.jpg

These hats are still sold by the team. My website is growing and the admin team was curious about taking the next logical step and making merch and a store. I have some trepidations over this since I'm not 100% sure if that would be something we could be sued/shut down over.

The logo itself obviously is distinct in it's own way but I figure I should double check with you experienced grizzled hardasses before bringing a proposal back to my team.

Any help is much appreciated.

bumping, anyone?

if the mark is owned by the Bears you cannot redistribute and profit from it. the NFL is one business you dont want to F with.

if the mark is owned by the Bears you cannot redistribute and profit from it. the NFL is one business you dont want to F with.

But I'm not using the same mark. My question was is if this:

76889394.png

...infringes on this:

PAAAIAPNDDMIEDIC.jpg

Or if they're different enough to where it shouldn't be a problem.

But I'm not using the same mark. My question was is if this:

76889394.png

...infringes on this:

PAAAIAPNDDMIEDIC.jpg

Or if they're different enough to where it shouldn't be a problem.

Was it inspired by the Bears' "B"? If someone off the street will say it looks like the Bears' "B", then any judge/jury will say you stole it. That's what the court uses in infringement cases, how much two images are alike, not different. Your best bet, create a new logo. If they Bears find out, then you're going to get a legal letter to remove the logo.

I'm in dire need of a good resource for (preferably) free, GOOD website templates-- easily customizable and updatable, possibly wordpress compatible, and aesthetically pleasing.

ANyone who has me on twitter, yes, this is all relating to the SECRET PROJECT I've been going on about.

Or, conversely, if anyone wants to help me with a website that won't pay anything but will look goddamned good on a resume or CV, PM me or DM me on the twitters.

I use photoshop CS 5 and started creating hockey jerseys recently

i have a hard time keeping th Border lines (grey line) in the templets.

any pointers or suggestions?

I use inkscape, and I was wondering what the easiest way to get a nice, even stroke around a logo would be. I know how to use dynamic offset for simple stuff like shields, but for more complex shapes I'm forced to eye it with the Bezier tool.

I use inkscape, and I was wondering what the easiest way to get a nice, even stroke around a logo would be. I know how to use dynamic offset for simple stuff like shields, but for more complex shapes I'm forced to eye it with the Bezier tool.

I copy the main object that's being outlined, condense that down to one solid shape, fill nothing, add a good size outline, and then expand the stroke. You can then make edits to the outline a lot easier, IMO.

I copy the main object that's being outlined, condense that down to one solid shape, fill nothing, add a good size outline, and then expand the stroke. You can then make edits to the outline a lot easier, IMO.

Hmm, that's an easier way of what I do, I still find myself getting sloppy, uneven strokes in some areas though.